i need to replace it asap. the tape just melts off. im pretty sure this is my acceleration is sluggish. and i might need to clean my throttle body with some carburetor spray. my car eats up gas, im thinking because of the tear on the hose. i even used duck tape and it melts and it gets all nasty and sticky. i might go to the junk yard this monday.

Does it feel like the problem goes away or gets better before the tape gets a chance to melt?

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

I only read the first post so sorry if the issue has been resolved already, I didn't want to read through 3 pages.

My guess is weak fuel pump. My blazer had horrid acceleration, I assumed I was getting low fuel pressure, so I replaced the fuel pump and after that I could pop wheelies in 4 low haha

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Does it feel like the problem goes away or gets better before the tape gets a chance to melt?

honestly im really now sure. im pretty sure its the tear on the hose or my throttle body is dirty..

i bought a used hose from the junkyard for 9 bucks. and i found out what was that hole in the middle. you were right it was something for the bottom that connects to this little black box that i never seen in my car because it was at the bottom. i will install the hose and hopefully it should do the trick. ill let you know, thanks.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

hey. i replaced hose. my car runs great. the gas pedal is so smooth. remember i told you about my gas pedal gets stuck? it only happened once and when i had the bad hose on it would stick a few times. if it continues to stick i will get some throttle body cleaner.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

yea i was kinda doubting it was idle air controller because it didnt idle like shit.

Glad you fixed your problem though.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

hey. i replaced hose. my car runs great. the gas pedal is so smooth. remember i told you about my gas pedal gets stuck? it only happened once and when i had the bad hose on it would stick a few times. if it continues to stick i will get some throttle body cleaner.

Awesome, I'm glad you got it taken care of! Yeah, throttle body cleaner could help a sticky throttle just be care full not to spray too much in there because you can hydro-lock the motor. I usually spray some in there and let it soak to dissolve the carbon build up, then wrap a rag around a screw driver and wipe it out several times until it's clean. If you do end up locking up the motor just pull all of the spark plugs out and spin the motor over. It will blow all of the cleaner out of the cylinders and make sure to keep the plug wires away from the holes b/f you spin it over or the cleaner will catch on fire from the spark.

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

Awesome, I'm glad you got it taken care of! Yeah, throttle body cleaner could help a sticky throttle just be care full not to spray too much in there because you can hydro-lock the motor. I usually spray some in there and let it soak to dissolve the carbon build up, then wrap a rag around a screw driver and wipe it out several times until it's clean. If you do end up locking up the motor just pull all of the spark plugs out and spin the motor over. It will blow all of the cleaner out of the cylinders and make sure to keep the plug wires away from the holes b/f you spin it over or the cleaner will catch on fire from the spark.

yeah thanks people :]. about cleaning the TB, check out this video. a guy cleaning the IACV. im not sure where should i spray the cleaner. heres the

. he sprays the cleaner into this hole that leads to the IACV, do i do the same?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

yeah thanks people :]. about cleaning the TB, check out this video. a guy cleaning the IACV. im not sure where should i spray the cleaner. heres the
. he sprays the cleaner into this hole that leads to the IACV, do i do the same?

That's to clean the IAC motor which will help your idle if it's low and rough. A sticking throttle is caused by carbon build up around the butterfly so it won't help that. It's easiest get someone to sit in the car and hold the gas peddle down to open the butterfly and clean the carbon around where it closes like I described above. Also make sure not to scratch the inside of the throttle body if you use a screw driver wit a rag wrapped around it. If you have long fingers you might be able to get in there with a rag wrapped around your finger instead.

That's to clean the IAC motor which will help your idle if it's low and rough. A sticking throttle is caused by carbon build up around the butterfly so it won't help that. It's easiest get someone to sit in the car and hold the gas peddle down to open the butterfly and clean the carbon around where it closes like I described above. Also make sure not to scratch the inside of the throttle body if you use a screw driver wit a rag wrapped around it. If you have long fingers you might be able to get in there with a rag wrapped around your finger instead.

am i going to use any cleaning liquids to clean the butterfly? the butterfly is that round metal thing that moves when the gas pedal is being pushed right?

people i know i sound like a noob i am. im not really familiar under the hood :\. thanks.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

am i going to use any cleaning liquids to clean the butterfly? the butterfly is that round metal thing that moves when the gas pedal is being pushed right?

people i know i sound like a noob i am. im not really familiar under the hood :\. thanks.

Yeah, it's the round thing that opens when you press the gas pedal. I like to use carb cleaner because it doesn't evaporate quite as fast as brake cleaner so it gives it a little more time to dissolve the carbon build up, but you can use carb cleaner, brake cleaner, or intake cleaner.

Archived