blackrosetiger Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 Do you even know what your tint laws are? If not http://www.tintlaws.com/ is where you can find them at Anyone else on here have a problem with buckeye cops giving them shit about window tint? Well the wife got a ticket friday night in sandusky the only reason we got pulled over was because of the window tint WTF? Its 120.00 ticket. Well then she decided to drive my car to work today and on her way to work @ 3am, she got pulled over again cop said the license plate light was out b/s I just checked it its working just fine hmmmm. anyways the cop said you also might want to get that window tint taken care of cause its a little dark. Um the werid part is my car has been here since Febuary and haven't changed or added anything to it as far as the outside goes minus new exhaust. Anyone else have problems with ohio cops town or state ? :censored: RANT/ 1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily) Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet) 5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2 6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9 Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2) Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4 Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)
TeejayBee Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 I've gotten pulled over for tint a good 5 times and i ask the cops if they know what the "legal tint % is" and in pa its 35% and if they dont know what it is then i dont worry i have 20% on my fronts and like i said i havnt taken mine off no point if ima put it right back on lol
Nightshade Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 When I lived in Ohio I got pulled over for tint. I have 20% on the front windows and 10% on everything behind the b pillar. The state patroll told me I had 3 days to take the tint off and bring the vehicle to the patrol station for an inspection. This was about 2 weeks before I was moving to NC so I just never even took it off. They never isssued a ticket when I was pulled over, I was just given a warning. Now that I live in NC and still have Ohio plates they don't bother me one bit, technically they can't since my vehicle is registered in another state. Gotta love those little loopholes. I will eventually get NC plates but for now I'll keep my Ohio ones 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
kanarrjl Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 just get a prescription ive got one and they can't do a thing 97 Honda Civic Sedan Rear disc brake conversion 2" drop 17's lots of exterior mods SYSTEM SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player RE 6x9's and 6.5's Soundstream DTR4.500 Soundstream DTR1.2200 8" RE-x in a t-line Kinetik 1800 Plans 4-SA-8's Another Kinetik High output alt My Cardomain
Mosin Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 Whats so hard about abiding by state laws and keeping with legal tint? I mean... come on...... save every little hassle you get by getting the correct, legal tint installed... Darker tint looks sooo much better, but $120 tickets to look cool aint cool. Derp.
Mosin Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 So, you never speed (remember, 1MPH over is speeding ie; breaking the law), always come to a complete stop, always use your turn signals when changing lanes, or merging into traffic?One reason to break the law is to hide the over 20,000 Dollars worth of equipment so the assholes cant see what I have when they want to try and break in... Jinkys......... I believe there is a BIG diff. between speeding 1 over and having illegal tint.... Just cause you can easily adjust that 1mph or whatever you wanna say I speed. But when it comes to your tint, how easily can you adjust your tint percent? The assholes don't care if you have dark illegal tint... If they hear you boomin, they want it, they'll take it. Regardless if you break the law with your bad self. Oh, there is NO reason to break the law with a vehicle. Especially tint wise.... Just keep it legal and avoid hassle. Oh yeah, I do speed, who doesn't? I DO come to complete stops, always use my signals when lane changing/merging. Ahhh.... chhooo.... Derp.
sho_me Posted December 22, 2009 Author Report Posted December 22, 2009 just get a prescription ive got one and they can't do a thing how do i go about that? the wife wears glasses so i mean i should be able to get one maybe. i was thinking about tryin to get a commercial license for the car like limos have lol. 93 Civic Hatch kicker components in doors [ak11667] 12:12 am: hook the speaker outputs up to your nipples and turn the gain all the way up
Mosin Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 how do i go about that? the wife wears glasses so i mean i should be able to get one maybe. i was thinking about tryin to get a commercial license for the car like limos have lol. A prescription for "dark tint" is usually for people who are light sensitive and absolutely need the darker tint to help protect there vision. I think.... Derp.
sho_me Posted December 22, 2009 Author Report Posted December 22, 2009 Jinkys.........I believe there is a BIG diff. between speeding 1 over and having illegal tint.... Just cause you can easily adjust that 1mph or whatever you wanna say I speed. But when it comes to your tint, how easily can you adjust your tint percent? The assholes don't care if you have dark illegal tint... If they hear you boomin, they want it, they'll take it. Regardless if you break the law with your bad self. Oh, there is NO reason to break the law with a vehicle. Especially tint wise.... Just keep it legal and avoid hassle. Oh yeah, I do speed, who doesn't? I DO come to complete stops, always use my signals when lane changing/merging. Ahhh.... chhooo.... ok So i guess you dont ever crank your system in town then? cause 90% of towns nowadays its illegal hmmmm :01nocomment8so: 93 Civic Hatch kicker components in doors [ak11667] 12:12 am: hook the speaker outputs up to your nipples and turn the gain all the way up
Mosin Posted December 22, 2009 Report Posted December 22, 2009 ok So i guess you dont ever crank your system in town then? cause 90% of towns nowadays its illegal hmmmm :01nocomment8so: There honestly isn't a legit reason to turn up your bass in town though... Regardless of whoever does it. (Unless you have a prescription for bass) If you do it, be happy while doing it. Like I give a shit if you, me, spongebob, or whoever basses in town... It has nothing to do with the original topic that you posted about. But I understand your concern about what I stated. Turning up your system in town is comparable to speeding... It can ALWAYS be turned down or adjusted swift like... Can your illegal tint be adjusted that quick? Probably not... So tata Derp.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.