Second Skin Audio

coil burning??

LoudBimmer

well, after fixing all the setting on amp, something is still burning

output voltage on amp is 25V ( so around 600wrms), but when i turn it up it starting to smell. I'm guessing that's the glue burning off, but it's been awhile now since i had this sub.

Could it be wiring burning somewhere?

well from reading this thread not trying to be mean but i would double check everything again just to make sure another thing is turn it up an listen to it an find were the smell is coming from by going around ur car an smelling for it an if not do the big 3 if u havent yet an upgrade ur electrcal i learned the hard way an as soon as i upgraded mine alot of my problems went away at full tilt mine sits at about 14.5 to 15 volts an thats with with just a upgraded battery an alt

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

well from reading this thread not trying to be mean but i would double check everything again just to make sure another thing is turn it up an listen to it an find were the smell is coming from by going around ur car an smelling for it an if not do the big 3 if u havent yet an upgrade ur electrcal i learned the hard way an as soon as i upgraded mine alot of my problems went away at full tilt mine sits at about 14.5 to 15 volts an thats with with just a upgraded battery an alt

smell come's from sub, for sub i used 12 gauge wire to hook it up, could that be the problem?

u need to understand ur cars electrical a little bit too

ur car runs on 12v, no less.... everything in ur car was designed to work on 12v and up

anytime you go below 12v... every component in the car will be pulling more amperage to get the same power

100w headlight could be 100w/13.8v = 7.24amps

or 100w could be 100w/11.2v in ur car = 8.92amps

thats a very small example of how u are making ur care work harder... which takes away from the available amperage ur alternator can give to the stereo

most batteries are fully charged around 2.14v per cell... 6 cells per 12v battery... so basically anytime u dip below ~12v u are already dipping into the batterys capacity and draining it... and if you dont give ur alt enough time to recharge the battery before slammin... ur alt needs to supply the amp, and the battery and ur cars stock components that are now pulling more amps

in other words, get ur voltage stable and headunit rcas clipping or something as well maybe...

what all ur box specs again?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived