Second Skin Audio

coil burning??

LoudBimmer

i know for a fact that white girl is pretty clipped

what is your Low pass set to?

you should work on your electrical. just a heads up.

back the gains off a little. also let the sub fully cool down before testing again, starting with a hot sub will only make things stink faster. it can take a really hot sub over an hour to cool down

back the gains off a little. also let the sub fully cool down before testing again, starting with a hot sub will only make things stink faster. it can take a really hot sub over an hour to cool down

i'm planning on putting new battery in summer. but for now i will probably turn gain down little bit.

let us know if it helps

side note: i don't think a battery would be the best bet for you. if you were dropping into the 10s of 9s i would say yea more battery power

but since you are only dropping to low 12's high 11s, a HO alt would work better in your case and the big 3 wouldn't hurt (idk if you have

already done it or not)

wtf, it's burning again and all i did,is i changed power wire to 1/0 gauge and ground to 4 gauge. before it was 4 gauge for power and 8 gauge for ground.

^problem. fix that ASAP. didnt you have 4awg power and 12awg speaker wire for a ground a while ago? how have you not learned that this is a bad thing yet?

did you turn loudness off? what volume do you turn it up to and whats the decks max? you could be clipping at the HU. as decaf has pointed out many times, it can even be the song has clipped signals in it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

^problem. fix that ASAP.

yea its incorrect but its not that big of a deal if hes running 600 rms....That 4 gauge is more than capable....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

^problem. fix that ASAP. didnt you have 4awg power and 12awg speaker wire for a ground a while ago? how have you not learned that this is a bad thing yet?

did you turn loudness off? what volume do you turn it up to and whats the decks max? you could be clipping at the HU. as decaf has pointed out many times, it can even be the song has clipped signals in it.

all the setting are off, my deck was turned up to 20 out of 30 or 40 i'm not sure.

probably just glue though

that's what i'm thinking.

hell no, its a wonderfully loud unclipped song... get the right copy... same with money man... those are top 20 loudest songs i have

shouldn't testing be done correctly? so you'd use 0 gauge

the most amp draw he will have is ~50a... 8g could handle that

the connection of the ground i would look into

all the setting are off, my deck was turned up to 20 out of 30 or 40 i'm not sure.

that's what i'm thinking.

put it on auxilary and turn it up with no source so u can find that out

are you positive the sub is wired correctly as well?

check both coils individually if it reads something other than ~2ohms

(i helped you with this box design, right...???)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived