Sonic Electronix

Aux input compared to direct ipod

So the headunit I REALLY wanted to buy, sold out. GREAT. Waited just a few days too long.

Now I'm looking at this panasonic flip out from CACO. Doesn't have an ipod cable I don't think, and no usb. But it does have an AUX input, the red and white rca to aux end.

I want to use my ipod touch on it, but how would the sound quality/ play back compare to direct ipod connection or a cd?

Thanks for your help

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

So the headunit I REALLY wanted to buy, sold out. GREAT. Waited just a few days too long.

Now I'm looking at this panasonic flip out from CACO. Doesn't have an ipod cable I don't think, and no usb. But it does have an AUX input, the red and white rca to aux end.

I want to use my ipod touch on it, but how would the sound quality/ play back compare to direct ipod connection or a cd?

Thanks for your help

if you get the cord that plugs into the bottom of the ipod and not the headphone jack it sounds really good actually

no distortion like the headphone jack

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Umm I don't know if this is exactly what your talking about but on my headunit, I have an AUX input on the front of my headunit and I just bout the male male input for 10 bucks, plug one side into the headunit and the other into the headphone jack on the ipod. Turn the volume up on the ipod and it sounds fantastic.

2mwi55h.png

Yeah if you use the line-out on the dock connector it's alllll good.

I think ur talking about the direct ipod cable, thats what I want to use but I don't know if the panasonic has it. I'm looking at one on amazon, but its 50 bucks and apparently wont even work with my ipod touch.

Greatt.....

edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PANASONIC-CA-DC300...=item53de5fd881

that one seems like it should work? But on amazon, the same cable people wrote reviews that it didnt work with 5g ipods and up.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Nononono... ipods have line-level (1v) outputs in the dock connector (can't remember the pins) that bypass the onboard shitty headphone amp thus give much better sound with external amplification.

You just need an ipod dock connector -> RCA cable/plug thing. There's heaps around, you can buy cheap ass chinese ones for like $2.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived