XS Power 3100 underneath the hood of a Tahoe?

Okay so I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe I'm working on and I'm trying to toss that absolute biggest battery possible underneath the hood.I know Steve and many others have put the XS 3100 underneath the hood of that style vehicle in the factory location and was wondering what all modifications were made to make that happen.There is a small round black box next to the battery tray and it looks like there is about 10.5" x 8" x 8.5".The 3100 is like 13" long.Anyone with any experience on this job?If I could get the man himself to hit up this thread, I know Steve has done this twice and should have it down to a science now.Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Okay so I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe I'm working on and I'm trying to toss that absolute biggest battery possible underneath the hood.I know Steve and many others have put the XS 3100 underneath the hood of that style vehicle in the factory location and was wondering what all modifications were made to make that happen.There is a small round black box next to the battery tray and it looks like there is about 10.5" x 8" x 8.5".The 3100 is like 13" long.Anyone with any experience on this job?If I could get the man himself to hit up this thread, I know Steve has done this twice and should have it down to a science now.Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

is it really only 10.5? The tahoe is huge and even my jeep is 13 x 8

The stock battery tray is about that yeah.Either way, it's too small to fit a 3100 and that's what I'm trying to fit in there haha.

Got 2 big azz Powerteck batts under my hood thanks to oldschool....had to do little mods. but nothing extreme....

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

Hey you cant be promoting sale's if you don't have over 150 post What up? Please ready the rules before you write in your avitar those type of comment's.

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had to fix your sig, sorry bro - even 150 posts doesnt allow you to promote sales in your sig. You can sell your personal items in the for sale section after 150 though.

Anyway, to get the d3100 in you will have to cut the fender "flange" (for lack of better word) right there under the rubber seal. I make a few "relief cuts" and then just fold it down. Then take that PCM that is in the way and unbolt it. Push it out of the way and ziptie it to something solid in the area or else figure out a diff way to remount it. You should be good to go. If you can make a cardboard mockup of the battery that is the same exact size, it will be easier for you to test fit before dropping the actual beast in....at 77lbs i wouldnt wanna try more then ONCE to drop it in :D I have a dummy D3100 battery with nothing in it so that helped tremendously.

good luck!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

i had to fix your sig, sorry bro - even 150 posts doesnt allow you to promote sales in your sig. You can sell your personal items in the for sale section after 150 though.

Anyway, to get the d3100 in you will have to cut the fender "flange" (for lack of better word) right there under the rubber seal. I make a few "relief cuts" and then just fold it down. Then take that PCM that is in the way and unbolt it. Push it out of the way and ziptie it to something solid in the area or else figure out a diff way to remount it. You should be good to go. If you can make a cardboard mockup of the battery that is the same exact size, it will be easier for you to test fit before dropping the actual beast in....at 77lbs i wouldnt wanna try more then ONCE to drop it in :D I have a dummy D3100 battery with nothing in it so that helped tremendously.

good luck!

Haha no worries.I have an empty D3100 at the shop that is an empty replica that will work fine.I appreciate all the help and feedback.Thanks man.Oh and congratulations on your very own sub.I can't wait to see more videos on those beasts.Best of luck to you with those things.Hopefully they will be just as successful as the BTLs were for you and then some.