I was told by a tire shop if i dont buy 4 new tires it could hurt my transfer case on my Trailblazer. I told him i just wont to replace the back 2 because the front 2 are not even 4 mths old. So is it true on what he said or just a line of BS.

jrplayer36

I'm no expert, but I'm calling BS. As long as the tires are the same diameter I don't see how they would hurt the transfer case. If the front two tires were a different size than the rears I could see it being a bad situation, but as long as they're the same it seems to me that you should be fine.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I've ran a tire shop for 9 years now and that is major BS. As long as you keep the same size tires on the same axles you will be fine. I always recommend putting the new tires on the front, for steering.

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

eit: something like this happen to me but two of mine were a little different on th eback then the front and it felt like i was driving off road with my truck like it wanted to rip the motor out..idk about new tires tho im sure u wont have to change all 4's

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Well if you put different size tires on the front and rear then the axles will turn at different speeds which would be bad for the transfer case. Probably bind it up. So just make sure the tires are the same size. Seems logical to me.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I work at DISCOUNT TIRE and its partially true....

Heres the deal, the reason they say it could mess up your transfer case (all AWD vehicles) is b/c if you have different "thread" left on your tires or different size tires, the computer will send more power towards on tire more than the other. And over time it could damage you transfer case.

Its alittle hard to explain, but personally I think its BS, ASLONG as they are the same size tire and on the same axle there should be a problem.