Dan208 Posted December 24, 2009 Report Posted December 24, 2009 Ok, so I've been doing some research, and it seems like if I want to replace my HU (2008 Saturn VUE) I will have to buy a GM factory radio interface to retain the door chimes and other safety features. I've found this for around $200, and I still don't yet have a new HU. So I was thinking of just using the factory HU. I need to know if I should just use a cheap line output converter like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4/Scosc...rters&ssi=0 or go with something a little bigger, like this: http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_161LC6I...rters&ssi=0 in case I want to add an amp for my mids and highs later on? Also, I have absolutley no experience installing in a vehicle this new. Should I just pay the money and have a shop do it? There are several good shops around here that I have had good luck with in the past. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
AI James Posted December 24, 2009 Report Posted December 24, 2009 if your willing to buy the audiocontrol buy a HU
OrionStang Posted December 24, 2009 Report Posted December 24, 2009 Im using a RF 360.2 in my Mustang. I keep the factory stereo and all the stuff connected with it, but the sound is now alot cleaner, even with factory speakers. It also allows for later expansion like you might want to do. As far as the install, these new car pretty similar to older stuff. Just take your time and plan it out, running power wire, rca's, etc. If you've ever done an install, you'll be alright. Have you bought the audio control yet? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dan208 Posted December 24, 2009 Author Report Posted December 24, 2009 I haven't bought it yet. I found one in the For Sale section here for $69, which is why I was considering it. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.