Sonic Electronix

a cap is designed to protect against hard peaks in an electrical systems (dimming headlights) not drops in voltage. If you have a drop in voltage you probably need to either A upgrade your alt or B add more batteries

well that didnt answer the question. i kno adding power will resolve the problem but im asking whut effect does a cap have on voltage droppage?? Does it increase voltage droppage, does it decrease it or does it not do anything at all? Im just saying why not run one whut will it do?

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

well that didnt answer the question. i kno adding power will resolve the problem but im asking whut effect does a cap have on voltage droppage?? Does it increase voltage droppage, does it decrease it or does it not do anything at all? Im just saying why not run one whut will it do?

You will get more voltage drop if u add a cap, so don't waste money on a cap.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

here's a car audio "Don't"....

Read this entire topic.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...=64664&st=0

:lol:

LAWLZ I knew someone was gonna link that, it was only a matter of time.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

every joe blow noob out there thinks that caps help lights dimming....they dont. they think that its the solution to everything and adding a bigger alternator or more batteries wont help.

a cap needs to be constantly charged from the alternator, thus creating more stress on the electrical system, helping it fail faster than it already is.

the only way a cap will help efficiently is when you have 0 voltage drop. and i mean 0, or very very little (<.3v). only then will the cap help clean the top of the peaks of the voltage going into the amp. producting cleaner sound.

Archived