Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm picking up a couple Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S component systems and I have a wiring question. I would go from my deck to my amp with RCA's, then to the crossover, then the speakers, correct? My dad is trying to tell me I should go deck, crossover, amp, speakers.

Edit-

It says 100wRMS. Is that both woofers + both tweeters = 100wRMS

Edited by Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Posted (edited)

That's what I thought but I just realized I have another question. There isn't just 1 input. There is woofer input and tweet input as well as each output on the crossover... Should I just wire the woofer and tweet input on the crossover to the same output on the amp?

Edited by Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Posted (edited)
that your crossover?

Yes.

Edited by Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Posted

Damn. Alright, thanks man. I'm going to be getting 3 more sets if I can wire them up to hear if I like them. lol.

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Posted

IIRC that component set gives you 2 options for hooking them up. One was is that each mid and tweeter has it's own input into the crossover. The other way is to have each set (mid and tweeter) run from a single input into the crossover. There is a switch (or jumper or something) in/on the crossover that lets you select how the inputs work on the crossover.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted (edited)
IIRC that component set gives you 2 options for hooking them up. One was is that each mid and tweeter has it's own input into the crossover. The other way is to have each set (mid and tweeter) run from a single input into the crossover. There is a switch (or jumper or something) in/on the crossover that lets you select how the inputs work on the crossover.

I'm a dumbass. You're correct. I take the cover off and flip the bi-amp switch off then run through the tweeter + and - . Thank you! Now another question as arose. Since i'm wiring the amp through the crossover, how do I tell the draw from the amp? It's a 4 ohm woofer and 4 ohm tweeter. If wired with the amp through the tweeter input on the crossover, then each speaker off their outputs, will this be drawing a 8 ohm load from the amp or a 4 ohm load from the amp?

Edited by Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Posted
I'm a dumbass. You're correct. I take the cover off and flip the bi-amp switch off then run through the tweeter + and - . Thank you! Now another question as arose. Since i'm wiring the amp through the crossover, how do I tell the draw from the amp? It's a 4 ohm woofer and 4 ohm tweeter. If wired with the amp through the tweeter input on the crossover, then each speaker off their outputs, will this be drawing a 8 ohm load from the amp or a 4 ohm load from the amp?

I don't remember that at all but if I were to guess, it would be a 4 ohm load.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1427 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...