Question about Crossover

Nova

I'm picking up a couple Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S component systems and I have a wiring question. I would go from my deck to my amp with RCA's, then to the crossover, then the speakers, correct? My dad is trying to tell me I should go deck, crossover, amp, speakers.

Edit-

It says 100wRMS. Is that both woofers + both tweeters = 100wRMS

Edited by Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

its 100 rms total, you run rca's from your deck to your amp, then speaker wire from your amp to the INPUT of the crossover, then the tweeters into the TWEETER output on the crossover and the midrange on the MIDRANGE output...its really easy

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

That's what I thought but I just realized I have another question. There isn't just 1 input. There is woofer input and tweet input as well as each output on the crossover... Should I just wire the woofer and tweet input on the crossover to the same output on the amp?

Edited by Nova

Earth, you feel me?

IIRC that component set gives you 2 options for hooking them up. One was is that each mid and tweeter has it's own input into the crossover. The other way is to have each set (mid and tweeter) run from a single input into the crossover. There is a switch (or jumper or something) in/on the crossover that lets you select how the inputs work on the crossover.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

IIRC that component set gives you 2 options for hooking them up. One was is that each mid and tweeter has it's own input into the crossover. The other way is to have each set (mid and tweeter) run from a single input into the crossover. There is a switch (or jumper or something) in/on the crossover that lets you select how the inputs work on the crossover.

I'm a dumbass. You're correct. I take the cover off and flip the bi-amp switch off then run through the tweeter + and - . Thank you! Now another question as arose. Since i'm wiring the amp through the crossover, how do I tell the draw from the amp? It's a 4 ohm woofer and 4 ohm tweeter. If wired with the amp through the tweeter input on the crossover, then each speaker off their outputs, will this be drawing a 8 ohm load from the amp or a 4 ohm load from the amp?

Edited by Nova

Earth, you feel me?

I'm a dumbass. You're correct. I take the cover off and flip the bi-amp switch off then run through the tweeter + and - . Thank you! Now another question as arose. Since i'm wiring the amp through the crossover, how do I tell the draw from the amp? It's a 4 ohm woofer and 4 ohm tweeter. If wired with the amp through the tweeter input on the crossover, then each speaker off their outputs, will this be drawing a 8 ohm load from the amp or a 4 ohm load from the amp?

I don't remember that at all but if I were to guess, it would be a 4 ohm load.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69