Second Skin Audio

18" Btl In A Camaro

Shibby

I am wanting to upgrade the subs in my 2000 camaro and I was wondering if I could fit an 18" btl in the hatch area. I have measured and I can fit a 5 cubic feet enclosure with no problem. But is there enought room for an 18 I dont know if the sub itself will fit because of the weird hatch area in camaros, I would like to have an 18 but it that would not fit I know a 15 will. Thanks alot for your help.

For the size you have, a 15 will work much better. You need around at least 6 cu ft NET for an 18 to perform well, which means around 8-8.5 cu ft gross to get it to work right. Go with a 15 for sure.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

dont puss out, do the 18" but you gotta glass the floor, and do a 18" ring, raise it away from the floor, throw some 6" pvc ports in there, tune them to the box/car by cutting (since air space will be very hard to find, but if you glass the tub on the bottom, and mold the top youd be looking at alot more than 5cf) That would be a fun project, and orginal- The glass will have to be about 6layers thick of the heavier glass matt about 1/2"- 3/4" thick

Oh yeah, it would get loud as fawk.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I agree with Foreverbumpn. It would work if you have some glassin skills! and would shake the earth! if you had the power to run it.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

I like your idea of an 18 nice to see someone else out there with a camaro trying to go big.... anyways from the stuff i have done in my camaro the only way i could think of do to an 18 is to glass the whole tub out, bring it up over the ledge and to the back of the rear seat. then you would have to invert the sub putting it on the ledge right behind the rear seat if you mount the ring for the sub down lower the magnent should clear the rear window. if you can get enough cubes outta the box like this then thats probably the only way your gonna be able to fit an 18, there is no way to mount the sub just in the tub or keep mount it non inverted.... i was barely able to glass a T4 15 in to the tub of mine so i know there is no way a 18" btl is gonna fit there. Or you could just do like me and wall it off in the back seat lol :)

Archived