ok i got a codmw2 xbox 360 for xmas

and we have a linksys wirelwaa router

so i was gonna buy a wireless network adapter for my xbox

but i was thinking could i buy another dsl modem and put it in the same room as my xbox and juss run an ethernet cable to it or should i juss buy the adapter?

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

i use my wireless to my laptop then my laptop 2 my xbox

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

you can do either.. but i think the wireless network adapter for the xbox would be more reliable.. that's what i have

see i almost feel the oppostie, i know the adapter would work perfect but from what ive heard its alot better to run ethernet cables to a modem but idk, my only concern is

if i set up a modem in my room upstairs, will it effect the network downstairs?

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

it should not mess it up and i like ethernet wayyy better then wire less

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

The only suggestion I have would have been before you bought your wireless router. The xbox is supposed to thrive on a certain band, G I think? There was a video for it on their site.

Anyhow, it works fine. I like my wireless adapter ($100 is a bit spendy though) despite no longer using it.

It is nice to know if I move or go somewhere I can set up the 360 without running wires all over the place.

images-1.jpg

see i almost feel the oppostie, i know the adapter would work perfect but from what ive heard its alot better to run ethernet cables to a modem but idk, my only concern is

if i set up a modem in my room upstairs, will it effect the network downstairs?

You're not going to be able to run two DSL modems on the same account... without atleast paying more.

Either run cat5 from your router to your xbox or get the wireless adapter... yes it is better to be hardwired(ethernet), but the only time you will tell a difference is if you are streaming HD movies from your computer.

For ease or use and setup... wireless FTW... also I think they now have a wireless n adapter for the 360.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived