I have a dell laptop that was working fine then after my norton antivirus software expired my laptop starting running like shit. The other night i left it on and when i came back later there was fake windows popups saying that my comp is infected and i need to pay 150$ for this software that they recommend. I tried deleting it off my computer but it keeps coming back. The next day when i put my computer on there was this message saying i have the "worm.win32.netsky" virus, which i googled and its also fake. I read everything about how they tell you to delete it by clicking CTRL ALT and Delete then manually uninstall files with netsky in it. So when i click CTRL ALT and Delete it says the task manager was disabled by the administrator. What do i do now?! I know i post about computers alot on here but everyone on this site has been very helpful in the past. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

look like u got one of those mean bugs in there unles sum1 else knows sumthing else the only thig i did that worked was to reformat the hd and start from new.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

just start in safe mode then and run it there

i tried it that way too it did the same thing but every pc is different so it might work with u. good luck bro

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

I had a friends lappy that I could not get MWB to load or run, but I was able to install it on a jump drive and the computer and run it from the jump drive. What I did was install MWB on a good computer update it, and then copy it to a jump/flash drive from the program files folder, and then install MWB on the infected computer and try running MWB from the infected machine, and when it tells you its missing the file, point it to the missing file it needs on the jump/flash drive. I did that, I had to run the scan few times, then I was able to get it to install run properly from the infected machine, I also had to do a repair install of xp because the virus had damaged the OS. Good luck, also look into the MWBs forums, those guys are good at helpping!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Start is safe mode. Windows key + r to open up "run". Type in "msconfig". Go to the STARTUP tab and look for anything that resembles "C:\window\system32\critical_warning.html" or disable anything that doesn't look familiar to you. When you restart after, delete that crappy Norton antivirus and go download AVG, Avast, or Avira since they all have some sort of free AV. Run AV, run Malwarebytes, DL superantispyware and run it = PROFIT. Oh, and if your browsers don't work anymore, go to options and reset all setting to default.