im screwed where do i start

I would say that it could just be your revers that is gone like in my blazer i have my a and b celeinod - fail on spelling .... going bad some i sometime dont go down to first gear at a stop so ill stay in second so i accelerate slow Take it to a shop if you can have then see whats wrong

I would say that it could just be your revers that is gone like in my blazer i have my a and b celeinod - fail on spelling .... going bad some i sometime dont go down to first gear at a stop so ill stay in second so i accelerate slow Take it to a shop if you can have then see whats wrong

yea thats what i plan on doing tomorrow. but if your reverse is gone you have to rebuild your whole transmission iirc

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

why not try and find a used one? in a yard or online?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

why not try and find a used one? in a yard or online?

yea i found a few on em\bar for around 450 but i have no idea how much installation would cost.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

Credit card

haha? how do you plan on this

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

Where the hell did your friend come up with the "your tranny will be toast in 2 weeks idea"?? Sorta sounds like he's just talking out of his ass.

But I'd call some local shops(specialty transmissions shops if you have one locally) and see what they'd charge to rebuild yours or if they have any rebuilt ones in stock. Also look into local junkyards and check if they have any available for a cheap cost. I see that you have much larger tires on your truck, I'm guessing that you didn't do any tranny upgrades to prevent strain from running the larger tires??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Where the hell did your friend come up with the "your tranny will be toast in 2 weeks idea"?? Sorta sounds like he's just talking out of his ass.

But I'd call some local shops(specialty transmissions shops if you have one locally) and see what they'd charge to rebuild yours or if they have any rebuilt ones in stock. Also look into local junkyards and check if they have any available for a cheap cost. I see that you have much larger tires on your truck, I'm guessing that you didn't do any tranny upgrades to prevent strain from running the larger tires??

yea i think i have a few in the area. and idk where he heard that hees just guessing probably. and no i have no transmission upgrades but i re-geared the rear end to 4:55 for more low end power

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

Well based on the fact you said you put it in reverse and heard the clunk im assuming its an auto tranny correct? If so its pretty costly to put in Im getting one installed on my wives cr-v. Another question (if its an automatic) does it slip outta gear when driving on the highway?

steven.jpg

Archived