Well after reading nourish threads on slow acceleration i figure what better place to post this. Anyways i drive an 04 Expedition .... bought it back in May 05 with 20,100 miles on it. I was getting around 430 miles on average per tank of gas (28 gallons) .... yeh i know expeditions are greedy. Well around May 08 i put on my 24s and lost around 50 miles per tank which brought me down to 370 miles on average. Well I'm seeing lower gains along in miles along with it getting more sluggish on the accelaration...... more like 330 miles per tank and i don't do that much stop and going to work. I currently have 69,900 miles on her and just changed the fuel filter a month or so ago along with adding fuel injector cleaner. I'm wondering what could cause such problems with acceleration and losing miles per tank????? The acceleration part is really killing me.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

yeah solution if u use arco better move on to some expenssive shit like chevron with techron i know its expenssive but its cheaper in the long run

also edit: i got a navi and sometimes its bad on gas but at times its fine i drove from sacramento to woodland to redwood city bay area on little less then half a tank i was surprised

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Well the radius on the 24s compared to the stock tires are the same ................ of course they are a little bit heavier ..... not much though. i just cleaned my K&N air filter and have yet to install it .......... i'll be hitting up the dealership in the morning to get a good oil change ....... and then i'll swing by advance auto and pick up some chevron fuel system cleaner and fill her up and monitor things from there. thanks guys

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

if there was somethign wrong with it you would have a light of some kind come on.. but i belive its becasue its winter and they change the mix of fuels and usually you get 10% less fuel milage in the winter...

thats not necessarily true, yeah you would expect a light to come on but it takes a certain amount of time or distance for it to trigger the check engine light and if it does it intermittently and not for very long then it wont trigger a check engine light

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg