n8ball2013 Posted December 31, 2009 Report Posted December 31, 2009 im going to ask. was the run of wire between batteries fused? although ti may not have made a difference if it blew up. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
noiseycricket Posted December 31, 2009 Report Posted December 31, 2009 sorry to hear that man 4 I.A. Warden 15s 8 I.A. 20.1s 2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ 2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ 2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ 2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ
vaughn Posted December 31, 2009 Report Posted December 31, 2009 I had a shitty walmart everstart I think as the starting batt and then a voltex deep cycle batt in the other battery tray under the hood Sounds like the batteries didn't like each other. Never mix batteries. *your mom* <- your mom is my signature! daaaaaaang!
CASZ71 Posted December 31, 2009 Author Report Posted December 31, 2009 im going to ask. was the run of wire between batteries fused? although ti may not have made a difference if it blew up. Nope 2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab KMC XD Spy series rims Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's Probox 10 and box under rear seat Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms) 4 gauge wiring
n8ball2013 Posted December 31, 2009 Report Posted December 31, 2009 Nope I hate to say it but this is why i always run fuses no matter what. a 15 dollar fuse holder and 5 dollar fuse is a minor price to pay compared to your whole truck. It may not have helped you at all in this case but it sure could have hurt. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Blackedout Posted December 31, 2009 Report Posted December 31, 2009 I can honestly say I know what you feel like right now. Good luck bro, hopefully insurance takes care of you. Trunk Build Log
CASZ71 Posted December 31, 2009 Author Report Posted December 31, 2009 I hate to say it but this is why i always run fuses no matter what. a 15 dollar fuse holder and 5 dollar fuse is a minor price to pay compared to your whole truck. It may not have helped you at all in this case but it sure could have hurt. Yea I had it fused between my alt and starting batt but only had the second batt in less than a week and was planning on going soon to get a fuse 2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab KMC XD Spy series rims Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's Probox 10 and box under rear seat Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms) 4 gauge wiring
cali402 Posted December 31, 2009 Report Posted December 31, 2009 I feel your pain I lost my s-10 in a rollover and the only thing that could be saved was the subs and amp. Atleast you still have your sub and box. Current vehicle 91 Lincoln T.C. 2 18s trunk build coming soon for now 2-12s ported in trunk 1000 watt kenwood amp kenwood deck 18 inch rims
CASZ71 Posted December 31, 2009 Author Report Posted December 31, 2009 I feel your pain I lost my s-10 in a rollover and the only thing that could be saved was the subs and amp. Atleast you still have your sub and box. Sucks man but yea the sub cost me 511 with shipping so I had to grab it 2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab KMC XD Spy series rims Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's Probox 10 and box under rear seat Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms) 4 gauge wiring
Toady Posted December 31, 2009 Report Posted December 31, 2009 Sucks man but yea the sub cost me 511 with shipping so I had to grab it Good thing is that you are alright man
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.