Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box For RF T115d2's


Razer102

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 RF T115d2's subs and i'm trying to decide on an enclosure. I want to tune it low (27-30hz) and was wondering how many cubic feet and how much port area would be adequate. They will be powered by a JBL GTO14001 (1500 watts rms).

Posted

I know about the Powerful enclosure specs but i wanted it tuned lower. Just want to make the best enclosure possible at that tuning(27-30hz) to be low.. Anybody else have any suggestions. How about 4.5cuft. before displacement.

Posted

i have 2 t115's in my blazer i did 8 cubes tuned to 30 htz, used exposports calculater to figure it out. it slams! on the low note, i did subs up slot port back and there on 1200 rms. how much power do you plan on giving um?

edit: missed the part about 1500 watts. something similar to my box should soinds pretty good. what kinda car is it going in?

R.I.P '01 blazer you treated my ears well until your transmission blew up.

New Project

[top secret]

149.0 db on music driver window open; so close

I feel some boners are fueled by viagra and not true intimacy!......if you know what i mean....

I swear... sometimes I wish I was retarded so I could just agree with everyone x.
Posted

I wouldn't suggest running any enclosure below 32hz, due to the fact that 99.9% of music isn't anywhere near the range where you'd be peaking at... If you tune like 32-35hz it will still pick up all the lows that you want and actually be able to cover sum of the "mid range" bass in the 40-55hz range.

As far as an enclosure is concerned I'd suggest like 3.75-4ft3 per woofer, 50-60in^2 of port per, and tuned to 33hz.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...