DC Sound Lab

can level 4xl's take 4400 watts rms?

with music like that i dont care if you have 10000watt subs they will get hot. just because your truck could probably hit 130mph are you going to be able to drive it at that high rpm for long or are you going to need it to cool down. ive tested the xl and put close to 9k on a burp. iv ran my 15's with about 1500-2000 and hardly got them warm but it is all how you play them. run hard then let cool. power is only as good as the ability to get rid of the heat. long bass tones especially below your tuning are going to heat the shit out of the subs. play shorter basslines and you will see an ability to run longer before that smell of death

I agree,

I have a friend that has the same subs and amps as i do. He goes through subs and amps like crazy. I've only lost an amp to a wiring mistake.

Some people don't seem to be able to hear when there equipment is being stressed.

Edited by alvitae

with music like that i dont care if you have 10000watt subs they will get hot. just because your truck could probably hit 130mph are you going to be able to drive it at that high rpm for long or are you going to need it to cool down. ive tested the xl and put close to 9k on a burp. iv ran my 15's with about 1500-2000 and hardly got them warm but it is all how you play them. run hard then let cool. power is only as good as the ability to get rid of the heat. long bass tones especially below your tuning are going to heat the shit out of the subs. play shorter basslines and you will see an ability to run longer before that smell of death

X2 :rolleyes:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

just did a pair of planet audio bb2400's strapped to a (yes one) Xl15 1 extra spider and stiched leads never once has he had it stink or even get warmer than would be considered normal,its all about the install, and that starts when you break out the peice of paper to draw up the cut sheet for the box. as soon as this guy gets another battery up front we will strap at 1/2 ohm (yes they will play that low) he may recone for 1 ohm but either way i dont see any problems showing up for him, box is 4 cubes 15-16 sq.in. per cube on the port. long story short if you know what your doing those subs will handle damn near whatever you throw at them.

Thanks for the info on the bass knobs guys, good stuff!

Just wondering, why does Steve use his bassknob then? Or can you tune it with a oscilloscope so it doesn't clip?

Yes you can tune it with an o scope. If you pay attention steve uses his bass knobs as gain control. He turns it up for short demos and backs it off to charge.

This thread has been officially. Hijacked lol

lol sorry...............

Kenwood Excelon DDX812 6.95" double din

4 lvl 4 xl 15"

4 RF 1500

2 RF 600.4

2 15-MC5 - Memphis 5.25" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 15-MC92 - Memphis 6 x 9" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 mc memphis tweeters

memphis 16-EQP4 Signal Processors

4 2400 Kinetik

1 1800 Kinetik

iraggi 300

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42009

1zgb4ld.png

I have 2 aq2200d's that I will be strapping together for 4400 @ 2 ohms, will the xl's take that with no problem? Also what's the difference in "sound" between dc's and the fi btl's?

Can i make a suggestion? Do NOT strap your amps. 2 subs 2 amps run each amp to each sub and match the gains. You will most likely have better results doing this rather then strapping.

I had a guy with a pair of DD M2 amps strapped on a pair of lv4 12s. He was having bad phase issues and heating subs up fast. He brought it to me to find the problem and fix it. Simply un-strapped the amps and set the gains LOWER then previously when strapped. Instantly all issues were solved and it was 2 dB louder. I would not worry about a XL taking one of those amps daily at all, just make sure you dont push the amp into clip to "make it louder with more power". Thats how 90% of people blow stuff up, they think making it louder is as simple as turning up the volume or jacking up the amps because it still has a few more clicks. You need to do some testing to find the threshold of your system, its all about the user knowledge. The better you know your system and its limits the louder and longer you can play it.

So I went ahead and ordered 2 12" xl's this Sunday, thanks for all the advice guys! Can't wait till I get'em! How long does it usually takem to be shipped out?

Mr%20Mcnasty510.png

Chrysler 300 on 24's

(2) audioque 2200d's [subs]

(1) audioque 4x90 [highs/mids]

(2) 12" DC audio level 4xl's

(2) xspower D3100's

Iraggi 320 amp alt

Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0 guage

Box 4 cft tuned to 30hz