HPI Savage X 4.6 ftw! that has been my most reliable truck to date, bought it new and have only had to replace very minor stuff. upgrade to robinson racing hardened steel spur gear and clutch bell, get a hitec 7955 tg steering servo and a good 2.4ghz radio, and some better tires and wheels(i run proline dishes and proline bowtie tires on mine). oh and get a extra body, you'll need it, the stock one shreds pretty quick. and DO NOT run traxxas fuel, it sucks, makes the truck hard to tune. i've had awesome luck with byron's fuel(25%). i've had over 40 rc cars and trucks in the last 2 years, i've tried a little bit of everything, and savages are the best.

groundpounders-sig-2.jpg 2002 Tahoe Pioneer 4300dvdFront: Pioneer Components Rear: Kicker CVT6.5 sub amp: US Amps AX2000HC @.35 front stage amp: US Amps TU4360C(tube amps FTW!!)2-18" Level Crossfire XS-SPL V.1'sCheck Out My YouTube Videos!! Click This Now!

pic when i first got it, and made some custom decals for it, i managed a sign shop at the time so i made my own logos and graphics for it.

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

how it looks now

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

just as a suggestion steer clear of traxxas 3.3 powered cars, they have atendency to split the rod down the center and traxxas will make you send them the motor and charge you $115 to get a new one back. my slayer 3.3 had a rod split, i built a new motor with ebay parts. my 3.3 lasted maybe a half gallon, i didn't even get to lean it out before the rod failed.

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

groundpounders-sig-2.jpg 2002 Tahoe Pioneer 4300dvdFront: Pioneer Components Rear: Kicker CVT6.5 sub amp: US Amps AX2000HC @.35 front stage amp: US Amps TU4360C(tube amps FTW!!)2-18" Level Crossfire XS-SPL V.1'sCheck Out My YouTube Videos!! Click This Now!

Selling all my stuff. Have a couple revos, an older savage, a project tmaxx, an Ofna CRT. Truggies are the way to go. I used to race. I have a ton of parts and a ton of spares. I'm trying to get rid of everything. Worked at a hobby shop for a year and the hobby turned into more of a job than a hobby. Doesn't do what audio and my real car does for me now.

Edited by JDirty96

Selling all my stuff. Have a couple revos, an older savage, a project tmaxx, an Ofna CRT. Truggies are the way to go. I used to race. I have a ton of parts and a ton of spares. I'm trying to get rid of everything. Worked at a hobby shop for a year and the hobby turned into more of a job than a hobby. Doesn't do what audio and my real car does for me now.

for racing truggies are the way to go, but for bashing you can't beat a savage. i've back flipped mine into my neighbor's yard hundreds of times and all that ever let go was the tie rods would pop off sometimes(fixed that with a washer) but as for racing i got to use a buddies jammin x1 crt, and that was a smooth drive around the track very well balanced and handled nicely.

just as a suggestion steer clear of traxxas 3.3 powered cars, they have atendency to split the rod down the center and traxxas will make you send them the motor and charge you $115 to get a new one back. my slayer 3.3 had a rod split, i built a new motor with ebay parts. my 3.3 lasted maybe a half gallon, i didn't even get to lean it out before the rod failed.

Fuck Piston Rods, I run Brushless. :)