20 Ways to waste money on your car.

Its not a good idea to switch to a synthetic oil if you've been running regular oil though... You can however, if your engine is newer with low miles on it <12k, put synthetic in, even if your motor doesnt require it. Gas, weather its 87 or 94 all comes from the same barrel... The octane rating comes from where in the barrel it came from...

You guys can follow this list if you want, but I'll keep changing my oil at 3-3500, and doing my general maintenance how I have for 20 years without one major problem...

I disagree there is nothing wrong with switching between synthetic and regular, as long as you give ample time to drain the previous oil you should be perfectly fine. Just don't mix the two and you're golden.

how do you know when your car "misses" or "misfires"? thanks.

check engine light will come on, with a p03 code might be p0301 302 303etc

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

also i like all the wanna be technicians in here with random advice they learned from their pops

the whole "my dad taught me that"... is bullshit

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

You can drain your oil right now, put synthetic in it and it wont hurt anything, no matter the milage, but note on certain vehicles you will be able to hear the engine more. The older cars from the 50-70's had problems with sythetic because the seals were not compatible with the oils and were disolved easily.

You have to be sure to drain the old conventional oil and it is a good idea to flush as well before doing this.

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

also i like all the wanna be technicians in here with random advice they learned from their pops

the whole "my dad taught me that"... is bullshit

x2, I cant tell you how many times I see people disconnecting there battery to in order to "check" if the alt is still working, sure that may of worked in the 60's and 70's but nowadays with modern cars it can screw alot of shit up.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived