Sonic Electronix

This doesn't make much sense...

Ok so I wanted to ghetto rig my brother a system for his Nissan Truck... WE put two 10" Pioneer Premiers behind his seat in sealed boxes they're 400RMS each and he has them hooked to a (i know) sony xplode 2 channel 375x2 RMS. IT POUNDS surprisingly so we hooked up my old capacitor because he had massive light dimming (yes I know caps put most strain on the alt but we wanted to see voltages) HES ONLY GETTING 10v?!?!

My question is why? is it the cap itself putting strain on the alt? or is it the fact that hes running two straight rods of plumming copper wire instead of actual 5 gauge? or could it be he has a very weak ass alt? im not sure but I know 10v is extremely low for only a 1000w xplod... im getting 13.5 - 14v on stock electrical with my 450MRP alpine on heavy bass hits.

Ok so I wanted to ghetto rig my brother a system for his Nissan Truck... WE put two 10" Pioneer Premiers behind his seat in sealed boxes they're 400RMS each and he has them hooked to a (i know) sony xplode 2 channel 375x2 RMS. IT POUNDS surprisingly so we hooked up my old capacitor because he had massive light dimming (yes I know caps put most strain on the alt but we wanted to see voltages) HES ONLY GETTING 10v?!?!

My question is why? is it the cap itself putting strain on the alt? or is it the fact that hes running two straight rods of plumming copper wire instead of actual 5 gauge? or could it be he has a very weak ass alt? im not sure but I know 10v is extremely low for only a 1000w xplod... im getting 13.5 - 14v on stock electrical with my 450MRP alpine on heavy bass hits.

hahaha.

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Dakota

Headunit: Alpine IVA-D310

Sub: 2005 RE Audio XXX 15"

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D

Frontstage: Diamond Audio Hex's

Frontstage Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

Alternator: Mechman 250 Amp

Battery: Powermaster D2700

Deadener: 100 Square Feet Raamat BXT II

check the battery and see if its still good.if the battery is still good then maybe run some good wire and ground,im not sure what a copper rod is though lol

and also do the big 3

Edited by Mellow18

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Srsly?

LOL when I said I was making a ghetto system for my brother I wasn't lying.. I just used stuff lying around, I mean it works, and it works well im just wondering why his voltage is so low... the cap stopped dimming but yeah his truck dies often when idle ^_^ we WOULD have done the big 3 already but I'm out of 0/1 gauge.

BTW this is plumming copper:

http://www.exportersindia.com/dynamic-file...440/1005918.jpg

its the same thing as copper tubing without the tube center, we havn't drilled a bigger hole in his firewall yet to run the 5gauge.

LOL when I said I was making a ghetto system for my brother I wasn't lying.. I just used stuff lying around, I mean it works, and it works well im just wondering why his voltage is so low... the cap stopped dimming but yeah his truck dies often when idle ^_^ we WOULD have done the big 3 already but I'm out of 0/1 gauge.

BTW this is plumming copper:

http://www.exportersindia.com/dynamic-file...440/1005918.jpg

its the same thing as copper tubing without the tube center, we havn't drilled a bigger hole in his firewall yet to run the 5gauge.

why would you use that thin copper tubing?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

use WIRE not hollow tubing

and please tell me you don't have bare tubing just sitting there with no cover over it. how is it not arcing all over the place?

its not hollow tubing its actual rods and to be honest it wasnt my idea to use it, it was my brothers I gave him like 10ft of 5gauge ground/power with 110amp fuse hes just too lazy to drill bigger holes to run it.