Sundown Audio

amp cutting out

bigarsenal

well i got two amps one for my subs and one for my highs. now when past a certain volume my highs amp cutts out but the bass still hits. i dont get it. i have a fan on my highs amp and everything. somebody told me i might have a voltage problem. what you guys think

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when the amp cuts out, is it the power, or just the sound? If you look at your front amp, does the protect light come on?, the power light go off?, or just the sound go out? It could be any number of things, this'll help narrow it down though. Late, Pat

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

the light goes out the whole amp cutts off. im so lost this is pissing me off. my truck is complete now my high amp wants to cutt off i think its a voltage problem. cause i had a extra batt and a cap in there when i took it to get fix i took all that out and is waiting to put new alt and battery back in >:(

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the same problem somewhat. if i cut it up loud and it starts hitting really hard my bass will cut off and highs and mids will keep playing but yet on my sub amp's light is still lit and on protection is on.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

the light goes out the whole amp cutts off. im so lost this is pissing me off. my truck is complete now my high amp wants to cutt off i think its a voltage problem. cause i had a extra batt and a cap in there when i took it to get fix i took all that out and is waiting to put new alt and battery back in >:(

i would have to say double check your ground on the high amp, and do a meeter test on the voltage at the amp, sounds like youre loosen power ....

i have the same problem somewhat. if i cut it up loud and it starts hitting really hard my bass will cut off and highs and mids will keep playing but yet on my sub amp's light is still lit and on protection is on.

with yours i would have to guess that the amp is cliping, and or you have the sub wired too low for the amp then thus the protection light comes on, so double check what ohmage youre runnin and make sure your amps is stable at that ohm and if you havent properly set the gains on youre amp you need to properly do it before you blow a sub(s) or burn up a amp

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

make sure your subs are not wired too low for your amp.. i had the same problem.. my amp was only 2 ohm stable and i had it wired at 1 and the subs would stop working.. it was b/c i had 2 dual 4 ohm voice coil subs, so i had to wire it to only 4 ohms... but now i have 1 ohm stable amp and its fine now

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

thanks. i was worried cause it did it once i took the cap and extra batt out. so if i put them back in that should solve my problem right :^

i wouldnt so much worrie about the cap but the battery will help some but if your alt is already strained you realy should conisder investing into a high out put alt to solve all your power issues, think of the cost of the cap (averages 100-150 in audio shops) and a battery (50-150 depening on the battery you bought) that can be as much as 300 dollars in cap and battery when a high output alt only cost 350-450 and is gaurnted to solve the power issues instead of just patchin the issues and then have them come about all over again at a later time

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

all forgot i just put a 160alt in today like just now with a optima red top will that work or do i need another red top. which i got already wont that put more stain on my alt