jb weld for coolent leaks?

there are acouple freeze plugs i can get to but acouple others i cant. but i need them sealed up. any bit of pressure i can keep in the system will help me out with these cold wisconsin winters. so i was wondering if anyone else has used jb weld or anyother product like it to seal up coolent leaks for atleast 4 months. the engine is a 5.9l 360. the freeze plug by the oil filter leaks alittle and then on the other side of the block the front one is leaking alittle too. but ive got the most trouble with the oes on the top back of the block. i MIGHT be able to get a finger or two up there to slap some stuff on them from what other durango owners have said. they actualy were able to gt rubber plugs in the holes but i dont wanna chance screwing it up more without an indoor place to work on my vehicle. ifit comes to it i might cut a hole in my floor and go that way to replace my plugs.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

Just give it a shot and knead some up. Make sure you apply it well and press it onto freeze plug tightly. I'm sure it'll hold for 4 months till you can get to em.

IDK how hard the JB is gonna be to get off though... Might be a bitch

Derp.

Do you know if they're threaded or pressed-in? I wonder if you could use gasket maker to seal them up if they're threaded...

EDIT: but I would give the JB a try for sure. Worst comes to worst you got some shit to scrape off later. Shouldn't mess anything up.

Too many projects, too little time...

theyre pressed. yeah when i do replace ill use gasket maker to seal them austin. yeah i think ill have to wait till i can find somewhere to store the truck overnight in a semi warm place. i dont think the jb will like 10 degree weather. maybe 2 part epoxy would work too. ill look at my package of it to check it out and see what it will work for. im down for scraping jb. by the time i am able to get the plugs done ill have some new air tools to use to clean up the jb =] thanks guys. hey austin ill call you soon to show you this house box ive got that has a 15" mtx that wangs.

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

honestly man.. Go get them changed the right way the first time. its hell when they blow out. Its worth the money up front. Its not a fun job for a mechanic. But they will and can do it.

03 350Z

The heater hose on my truck had a funk fitting on the back of the intake manifold that just broke off one day, i took a short bolt that fit loosely in the hole and put JB weld on it. The next day i drove from Houston to Austin and back (about 400 miles) with no issues at all...that was 6 years ago

had a freeze plug issue on my truck, one got so bad it had a hole that i could fit my pinky fonger into. But the JB weld should work. If you can get the one that leaking out you could use a rubber one as a quick fix until you can them fixed.

Dorman-02603-rw-49849-61834.jpg

they work great, iv had one on my truck for way too long and its still holding up

alright IMO, go and take it to a shop and get them replaced instead of sticking some JB Weld on that. it will cost u cause it will take more time to scrape that crap off then going and getting it done right the first time, and in the end it will be way better to go to a mechanic and get it replaced by someone that knows what they are doing.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

well i dont have the money to take it to a shop. im gonna try to find a heated garage and do it asap. im gonna get brass plugs and do the 2 on the sides of the motor that are leaking. but the back two are a toughy. does anyone have a durango or dakota that can help? im thinking i can cut a hole in the tranny hump and get to them and then fix it all up 100%. but if i do have to do the jb weld i can throw a heat lght on it for 16 hours and it will be all cured and fine. does anyone have any tips on installing brass freeze plugs? im thinking of useing a socket that fits perfect in the plug and then taping it in. should i use gasket sealer on it when i put it in? and ik ive gotta clean up the surface before i put the new plugs in.

how many are bad, can u see them from the bottom, can u reach them? if u can see and reach them its easy hardest part is gettin the old 1s out. but if u cant reach or see them bring them to a pro

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Archived