drill presses

n8ball2013

I had never owned one and the wife got me one for christmas. Finally got around to setting it up last night and oh my god is it incredible for making buss bars. I can't believe I ever tried to do that with a drill before. This may be the best invention ever and a must have in the workshop.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 1 month later...

Drill presses are great. I love them for drilling just about anything. The only time I use a hand drill is when said piece won't fit in the drill press lol. One thing I will say, since you've never owned one, or used yours much. Be careful. When drilling it is possible to bind the piece. The motor won't stop like a hand drill, it will keep spinning that piece until you or the press is down for the count. So, when ever possible especially with small peices, try to pratice clamping them.

Not only can pieces bind and spin/fly they can also cut your fingers up let alone other body parts. I'm not trying to seem like OSHA but, I don't wanna see a fellow audio nut get hurt. So, remember keep sleeves back, pieces clamped and the plug easy to pull. With that said, have fun seeing what you can come up with. :D:lol::D

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

if you decide to wear gloves gloves, watch out they dont get caught by anything and pulled in. This happened to me at a place i used to work. the owner insisted i wore gloves while drilling these 1" aluminum plates. I told him it aint safe, i was told tuff shit. So after drill about 10 of them, the bit caught the edge of the finger and wrenched my hand around the bit. i broke 2 fingers and cut the shit out of 3. Needless to say after i made the boss pay me for my time off, i was "let go" cause i was beat his ass.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

Ive experienced the binding and do believe in clamps. I just go very slow now lol.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I agree with Sound, I've gotten my hand caught without gloves lol. I was drilling some random piece with mine, and next thing you know my hand is in the bit and it tore the shit outta my finger. You will find some stupid stuff to drill out with a drill press. I made a few shifters for various things, cars, trucks, lawn mowers, outta golf balls. lol

One thing that makes me mad when people use drill presses or chop saws, they hurry and try to go through them, then its easier to bind and hurt them. Then they get upset when you tell them to go slow, and forget your important lesson.

As always be safe.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

• 3 weeks later...

I remember a few years ago at my old job I was using a Dewalt magnet drill, was drilling several holes in 3/4" plate. Well I had been doing it all day long and guess got too comfortable with it and was sweeping away the shavings with my hand (gloves on) as it was drilling. Well the bit caught my glove and pulled my hand in it shredded the tip of my thumb and broke it, had to have 13 stitches. My glove looked like it was put through a paper shredder. A drill press is nothing to mess around with so be careful :)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I remember a few years ago at my old job I was using a Dewalt magnet drill, was drilling several holes in 3/4" plate. Well I had been doing it all day long and guess got too comfortable with it and was sweeping away the shavings with my hand (gloves on) as it was drilling. Well the bit caught my glove and pulled my hand in it shredded the tip of my thumb and broke it, had to have 13 stitches. My glove looked like it was put through a paper shredder. A drill press is nothing to mess around with so be careful :)

way to bump an old topic noob :D Trust me im very careful with it. Its fun though;

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived