You should read the comments on the KICKER COMP page. Funny as hell although they make bassheads look bad. i.e.:

this one to lol

Ive got two 12's that i got

Ive got two 12's that i got from my friend they were in his 1984 ford f150 it hit so hard that it pop the back window of his truck out. i put them in my 1992 ford taurus with a pioneer 760watt 2 channel amp along with 2 12 inch mtx terminator subs and another pioneer 760watt 2 channel amp. it slams every window shakes.

I love your guys attention to detail, What a bunch of winners here.

The VR,VT, and CVX are all designed differently. DUH

They are designed in the same fashion as the 2008 Solo L7 and Solo-Classic so no there are more changes made then just the colors and the cones and whats the issue with the 1000 watt amp, both the new ones require 100 amps of fuseing and if I'm not mistaken one of them is a 1 ohm design.

The real RF BD1000 only took 100 amps worth of fuseing and the birth sheets on them averaged 1150 watts.

You guys whine too much without enough info.

Lol for real?? What changes? enlighten me cuz the vr is still rated the same.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Is there a difference between the 06 L7 vs the 08/current model? Yes there is and according ot what people have said the 08 model is noticiably louder. (edit: with the same power too)

If you look at the 3 lines I mentioned, they implemented those same changes to the CVX,CompVR, and the CompVT.

Look at the motor structure.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

What the fuck do power ratings have to do with anything?....... Are you a NOOB? must be from that statement.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

What the fuck do power ratings have to do with anything?....... Are you a NOOB? must be from that statement.

They have a lot to do with everything in a new sub, but i guess you can only make it so powerfull b4 they have to call it a different sub, the 05, 07, and 2010 cvr are all rated the same idk about the previous ones tho.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

They have a lot to do with everything in a new sub, but i guess you can only make it so powerfull b4 they have to call it a different sub, the 05, 07, and 2010 cvr are all rated the same idk about the previous ones tho.

Thats called a sales gimmick man.

The L7 has had the same RMS rating since its debut in 2000 and is now in its 5th incarnation. The Solo Classic is supossed to take more than its RMS ratings from what I have read and will be finding out this year when I change out my L7s for them but they gave the Solo-Classics have the same RMS as the ones from back in the 90s. Why sales gimmick.

Why are my 06 L7s still in perfect shape when they have never seen less than 800 watts RMS plus clipping when they are rated at 600 watts? and yes I do like clipping, nothing wrong with a little bit of distortion.

Terryswork001.png

Thats called a sales gimmick man.

The L7 has had the same RMS rating since its debut in 2000 and is now in its 5th incarnation. The Solo Classic is supossed to take more than its RMS ratings from what I have read and will be finding out this year when I change out my L7s for them but they gave the Solo-Classics have the same RMS as the ones from back in the 90s. Why sales gimmick.

Why are my 06 L7s still in perfect shape when they have never seen less than 800 watts RMS plus clipping when they are rated at 600 watts? and yes I do like clipping, nothing wrong with a little bit of distortion.

I thought L5s were rated at 600rms

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

I thought L5s were rated at 600rms

After seeing your thread about a capacitor, I realized that you are a waste of my time for me to talk too.

Use the search button.

Terryswork001.png

LOL can't believe you just called someone a noob on a car audio forum. It's not like we're in the middle of a halo match.

After seeing your thread about a capacitor, I realized that you are a waste of my time for me to talk too.

Use the search button.

Very mature. Thanks, I feel much better informed.

LOL can't believe you just called someone a noob on a car audio forum. It's not like we're in the middle of a halo match.

Very mature. Thanks, I feel much better informed.

Come on man, its rare that I become negative towards someone on the forum. In my defense he deserved it for not takeing the time to research the new products.

Its like he looked at the subwoofer cones and the power rateings and not sure who but someone said that they really didn't change anything when it doesn't take a genius to see that Kicker has redesigned 3 of their sub lines from the ground up by just looking at a simple picture.

Someone walked rite into my pissed off mood that I was in and again its rare that I get mean towards anyone on the forum these days.

LOL cut me some slack. :give_rose:

Terryswork001.png

Archived