people argue its just a forum guys ISO probably knows more and no one should get mad. This is just a forum where we learn and everyone tries to help everyone out so again no hostility

Drop a BTL on his head

i think DC lvl 2's beat the infamous jackhammer...

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

I love your guys attention to detail, What a bunch of winners here.

The VR,VT, and CVX are all designed differently. DUH

They are designed in the same fashion as the 2008 Solo L7 and Solo-Classic so no there are more changes made then just the colors and the cones and whats the issue with the 1000 watt amp, both the new ones require 100 amps of fuseing and if I'm not mistaken one of them is a 1 ohm design.

The real RF BD1000 only took 100 amps worth of fuseing and the birth sheets on them averaged 1150 watts.

You guys whine too much without enough info.

It's people like you that make me happy.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

It's people like you that make me happy.

LOL Thank you! :D

I only run Kicker subs these days but they were my first love and I have looked forward to the end of CES every year since 98 just so I could check out Kicker's new products and this year their webmaster is ahead of the game.

In all rights I should be upgradeing my L7s so I can keep saying that I have ran every version of the L7 10 thats ever been out but I just can't resist those darn Solo-Classics.

I planned to have them last year and did not accomplish that goal, so my goal stays the same and worst case scenario I might just need to sell off a few of my amps to make it happen.

My 06 L7 10s are in perfect shape but I just can't bare to sell them and even though it might cost me twice as much, I do plan to buy my Solo-Classic 10s from an authorized dealer unless I don't have a choice and just plainly can't afford to go that route.

Comeing from a guy that is flat broke and has an Ebay account; Lets try and support are our local authorized dealers unless its truely unrealistic.

LOL if anything I can promise that I will atleast get one out of my 4 10 inch Solo-Classics before December 2010. :D

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Its not enough changes to justify a model 'change' if you call it that. I rather they do something drastic every two to three years and call it a model change. Stuff like this is just a repetitive sales skeme that doesnt make since. I rather them improve something drastic bi-yearly, then take baby steps of improvement to the sub and amp line. I am happy though they started making Kicker 1 ohm amps...but still meh

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

Again.....meh

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Its not enough changes to justify a model 'change' if you call it that. I rather they do something drastic every two to three years and call it a model change. Stuff like this is just a repetitive sales skeme that doesnt make since. I rather them improve something drastic bi-yearly, then take baby steps of improvement to the sub and amp line.

I don't understand what you mean?

As far as the amps go, Thats what they have been doing since 2000 or 2001. Its just not cosmetic changes that they have made to finally come up with the ZX line of amplifiers which have become a pretty solid line of amps starting with the KX line. Why don't you grab up 1 of every version of the 2500 and open all of them up and I bet 50% of them have changes made to the circuit boards per different years.

As far as subs go, if you don't think that redesigning a subwoofer from the ground up isn't ground breaking then I don't know what would excite you.

They brought out 3 trial subwoofers in 08 the L7,L5, and Solo-Classic and yes the 08 L7 is a totaly different monster than the 06 model and the Solo-Classic is geared more towards sound quality. From what I have read the 08 L7 is noticably louder than the 06 model on the same power and these 3 models were obviously better in performance to the point that Kicker implimented those design charactoristics into 3 more of their designs.

Are you guys mad because Kicker doesn't want to change the names of their product lines, product lines that are very well known around the whole world to the point that someone should know what level a subwoofer is by the name it goes by when they decide to purchase a Kicker sub.

Hate to break it to you but Kicker has never been a fan of just pulling new subwoofer names out of a hat. NEVER, but some of you guys just aren't that old to know. The only sub thats not in the line up is the XPL.

You guys do not realize the amount of R&D that Kicker does. How many of you young pups knew that the L7 was in development for 3 years before the public ever knew about it? Hell working for an authorized dealer we didn't even get to know about that until it was released.

What do you guys want or are expecting from Kicker?

They brought out 6 brand new subwoofers since 2008 and this power handling BS, you guys don't even realize that the L7 recieved double the thermal power handling in either the 04 or 06 model and left everything else look the same on the woofer as the previous version. It went from a 220 degree celsius voice coil to a 440 degree celsius voice coil. Thats double the thermal power handling and that equals twice the abuse verse the previous model.

I don't get what you guys want but I do know that alot of you don't have a clue.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Its not enough changes to justify a model 'change' if you call it that. I rather they do something drastic every two to three years and call it a model change. Stuff like this is just a repetitive sales skeme that doesnt make since. I rather them improve something drastic bi-yearly, then take baby steps of improvement to the sub and amp line. I am happy though they started making Kicker 1 ohm amps...but still meh

For this statement I can say this old line:

If it isn't broke then don't fix it.

Kicker offers a subwoofer for everyone in every finacial market and the Comp and the CompVR have always been outstanding performers for the money.

Terryswork001.png

Anyone like the new 2010 Kicker subs? Just seen them on kickers website.

I have never heard Kicker subs I liked. My first system had 2 15" Kickers and I didn't like it, it was loud but sounded terrible. They are probably different now but I haven't went back since.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I wish people would just say, Hey I'm glad u found a sub that suits ur need. instead of bashing on some guy that runs kicker subs what ever they are. Maybe hes happy about his choice, maybe he dont need the hey they sound like crap quote that every1 uses. I admit yea they could lower there prices a little (never gonna happen) but they are a big company with a mass production line churning out subs like White Castle churns out sliders. I for one own a solo x 12 ive never had a problem with it and that thing moves some air and i was happy with my purchase, granted im selling it and the extra cone that i bought just incase and have never needed. yeah it might sound like crap in some peoples eyes but i dont have to wait for glue to dry for a replacement cone, 8 bolts and that thing is ready to have a new cone, and im done in a matter of 5-10 minutes, while ur still waiting for ur stuff to dry.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I wish people would just say, Hey I'm glad u found a sub that suits ur need. instead of bashing on some guy that runs kicker subs what ever they are. Maybe hes happy about his choice, maybe he dont need the hey they sound like crap quote that every1 uses. I admit yea they could lower there prices a little (never gonna happen) but they are a big company with a mass production line churning out subs like White Castle churns out sliders. I for one own a solo x 12 ive never had a problem with it and that thing moves some air and i was happy with my purchase, granted im selling it and the extra cone that i bought just incase and have never needed. yeah it might sound like crap in some peoples eyes but i dont have to wait for glue to dry for a replacement cone, 8 bolts and that thing is ready to have a new cone, and im done in a matter of 5-10 minutes, while ur still waiting for ur stuff to dry.

Except in this case he asked us what we thought.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived