Anyone like the new 2010 Kicker subs? Just seen them on kickers website.

I believe this was the starting question, doesnt that mean a simple yes or no answer will do just fine ?

ie. No, still to pricey for me

Yes, like the looks

No too much buck not enough bang

etc etc etc

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I wish people would just say, Hey I'm glad u found a sub that suits ur need. instead of bashing on some guy that runs kicker subs what ever they are. Maybe hes happy about his choice, maybe he dont need the hey they sound like crap quote that every1 uses. I admit yea they could lower there prices a little (never gonna happen) but they are a big company with a mass production line churning out subs like White Castle churns out sliders. I for one own a solo x 12 ive never had a problem with it and that thing moves some air and i was happy with my purchase, granted im selling it and the extra cone that i bought just incase and have never needed. yeah it might sound like crap in some peoples eyes but i dont have to wait for glue to dry for a replacement cone, 8 bolts and that thing is ready to have a new cone, and im done in a matter of 5-10 minutes, while ur still waiting for ur stuff to dry.

Sliders FTW!

However I dont think no one is bashing Kicker. I was just stating I dont agree with their business practices they have of small updates every year to their products. Ive been a huge fan of Kicker since 04/03, I just hate that they have a yearly business model that doesnt make huge improvements to the design, just small increment improvements. Also it just makes the usual shopper confused, and most idiotic salesman don't have any clue either. Also a recone on a solo x is easy as cake, but I don't care to much for the screw look, it just looks sloppy. Their amps are one of my favorite amp lines though. next to a IA 40.1 and old California Amp lines, and cheers to hoping they start making 2k-5k amps 1 ohm stable. Also I did say I seen their new lines, but there would never be a thread of just yeses...

Except in this case he asked us what we thought.

Exactly

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I see what ur saying and can agree. Every1s intitled to there own opinions though right? i guess i need to remember that too. You should see this car dealer by me, trying to unload kickers like bread off a bread truck

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I see what ur saying and can agree. Every1s intitled to there own opinions though right? i guess i need to remember that too. You should see this car dealer by me, trying to unload kickers like bread off a bread truck

Got any ski masks? lol

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I'm not really a fan of kicker anymore but for a starter system kicker is good. Downside is that it's waaaay to expensive

-Car: 2006 Ford expedition King Ranch

-Subs: 2 FI BTLs 18 fully loaded

-amps: 2 sundown SAZ 3000D

-Alternator: DC Power 260 amps

-Batterys: 2 optima yellowtops

-A whole shit load of 0 guage knu hyper flex and raptor cable

-Rockford Fosegate 3sixty

Sliders FTW!

However I dont think no one is bashing Kicker. I was just stating I dont agree with their business practices they have of small updates every year to their products. Ive been a huge fan of Kicker since 04/03, I just hate that they have a yearly business model that doesnt make huge improvements to the design, just small increment improvements. Also it just makes the usual shopper confused, and most idiotic salesman don't have any clue either. Also a recone on a solo x is easy as cake, but I don't care to much for the screw look, it just looks sloppy. Their amps are one of my favorite amp lines though. next to a IA 40.1 and old California Amp lines, and cheers to hoping they start making 2k-5k amps 1 ohm stable. Also I did say I seen their new lines, but there would never be a thread of just yeses...

Exactly

I still don't understand what you mean. They have made drastic changes since 2008 with their sub line. Things went well with those changes so they redesigned the rest of their subwoofers with the Comp getting the least amount of changes.

How are those small updates?

Then they have started producing some new amplifiers and like Rockford Fosgate they only brought out a limited line and if things go well will probably follow up with more and thats not counting any changes that they may have made that are not visible to the eye.

So I take it that redesigning 6 subwoofers from the ground up since 2008 are just small updates?

and the 2 new amplifier lines are just small updates and yes one of the new lines is 1 ohm stable?

So basically you only want one thing and thats a really big amp thats in the 5,000 watt range?

Like I said they have redesigned almost their whole subwoofer line up and you can't do much more to a subwoofer than redesign the whole damn thing and thats exactly what they have done.

So really the only complaint you have has nothing to do with the subs, it has to do with the very large amplifier issue?

Please explain since this is a public forum and if you are not satisfied, then this is the only way you are going to get your input to Kicker.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I still don't understand what you mean. They have made drastic changes since 2008 with their sub line. Things went well with those changes so they redesigned the rest of their subwoofers with the Comp getting the least amount of changes.

How are those small updates?

Then they have started producing some new amplifiers and like Rockford Fosgate they only brought out a limited line and if things go well will probably follow up with more and thats not counting any changes that they may have made that are not visible to the eye.

So I take it that redesigning 6 subwoofers from the ground up since 2008 are just small updates?

and the 2 new amplifier lines are just small updates and yes one of the new lines is 1 ohm stable?

So basically you only want one thing and thats a really big amp thats in the 5,000 watt range?

Like I said they have redesigned almost their whole subwoofer line up and you can't do much more to a subwoofer than redesign the whole damn thing and thats exactly what they have done.

So really the only complaint you have has nothing to do with the subs, it has to do with the very large amplifier issue?

Please explain since this is a public forum and if you are not satisfied, then this is the only way you are going to get your input to Kicker.

How may years has it been for them to get to this stage? Yes they make small updates, but I haven't noticed anything drastic to the build for a while, until recently. Which I applaud them on. The amps may be something different, but I have yet to opened any of the new casing on the ZX amp line, or the two other new lines that they have. Also from what I can tell, what build from the ground up on their sub woofer line do you speak of? Please explain, because I'm curious now? I mean how many times can you improve the same sub over 8-9 years, without redesigning the whole thing? This is the same way they do cars, they improve the body style for consumer needs every 4 to 5 years, which in terms is a result of the motor being redesigned and being more efficient.

To me, it seems every 3-4 years would call for someone to buy a new sub from Kicker, because between the 04 and 08 version there are drastic changes, but bringing a new model every year is just pointless because it doesn't call for a new purchase unless the models are 3 to 4 years apart.

Only then will you notice the changes all around. Like I said this is the reason I prefer bi-yearly or every 3 years for a new model of any sub and or amp. Once again I'll give an example with cars: A 06 Chevy Pick-up is pretty much the same as a 07 Pick up with just a small increase in MPG and fancy new head lights. Now does this justify a purchase? To me hell no.

Also I would love for Kicker to make 2k-5k 1 ohm warhorses or something similar, but Im sure the mass market doesn't call for it. Unless they do like a order only deal online, which I think would be an excellent idea. But their retailers would hate it...

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I guess I just don't get it.

I have seen Kicker make constant improvements over the years and I have every book they have realeased accept the 2005 booklet and the 1997 booklet.

(your quote;Also from what I can tell, what build from the ground up on their sub woofer line do you speak of? Please explain, because I'm curious now?)

Rite off the bat, LOL the whole darn motor and cooling structure. Your statement tells me that you have never dealt with the 06 L7 next to the 08 L7. They are 2 different subwoofers man! the only thing that is the same about them is that they are square and thats it and nothing else is the same at all and I have sat down with the 08 model and examended it closely and it is by far a meaner subwoofer that is designed very different. Therefore it is totally redesigned from the ground up.

Do you actually believe that they just filled in the pole piece and started selling it like that and if so doesn't that mean I should beable to take my 06 L7s and plug the hole in the pole piece and get similiar performance. OH god no it doesn't work like that. The 08 had to be tested and worked with, they had to try new ideas. Its a totally different design altogether and because it has proven itself they have now used those aspects in the rest of their designs to make a better woofer.

That is designing a subwoofer from the ground up. So the 2010 subs should all be better performers across the board.

Kicker does have a history of makeing cosmetic changes every 2 years and sometimes wait 3 years but they have been known to make performance improvements at the same time that a person would never know unless they take the woofer apart.

As far as amps go they usaully change them on average about 5 years apart and in that 5 year period sometimes there are cosmetic changes or changes to the circuit boards, like fixing weak points that they didn't know where there until the amps get into the consumers hands or they work on efficientcy issues like being able to do away with forced air cooling from the use of fans.

I have followed Kicker for a long time and I don't have an issue with the way they do things with the exception of doing away with some really incredible products that I wish they would bring back but they have their reasons.

As always there is the "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it" phillosophy.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived