Lift Gate - Vs - Barn Door Taillights

I have been wanting some LED Taillights for a while now but i have not been able to find anybody out there that makes them for my truck. I have an 01' Suburban with Barn Doors. Every single set of after market taillights say not for use with barn doors. whats up with that? anybody know what the difference is between the tails on a truck with the liftgate vs the barn doors?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Its been years since I put a set in a barn door, but they worked. I cant remember if I had to trim on the truck, or on the lights.

you know anyone with a lift door tahoe/burban, or a 99-06 chevy truck, try one of the factories

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

i dont know anyone with the liftgate unfortunatly. i dont think that the lights off of the pick ups are the same either

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

The reason the led tail lights dont work is because the lift gates sort of "cut in" or "roll in" at the bottom. That slight little bend gives you enough clearance.

0902st_02_z%202000_chevy_s10%20tailgate.jpg

Where as the barn doors are a solid door with no roll at the bottom.

This is a crappy picture, but where the lights go is where the plastic piece of the bumper meets the doors.

Ive wanted to do the same thing, but I would have to cut the plastic out of the bumper to make it look right. More work then I wanted to deal with.

tahoe4.jpg

Edit. on the tahoe barn doors where that slight notch is, is where you would put the led light strip, however since the doors swing open you would need a 2 pc led strip. Thats why if you notch out the bumper you could place them there and have enough clearence to make them work.

I cant recall for the life of me what I did, if it was lift gate lights, or truck lights I used. But Ive got a set on a barn door before. Ill ask the boss man monday if he recalls what we did

^^^^^above pics are the wrong GEN truck, and what your refering to is a "line of fire" and that littler plastic peace pops off and a "line of fire will fit in a 93-99. (the plastic is the black that runs outside the weatherstripping, and is held in with push pins) I had one on my 99 burban before I welded in the roll pan. I didnt cut anything to make it fit. on a 2000-up a 'line of fire" fits under the rear door, lift or barn , no problems

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

yeah i guess i will just have to get my hands on some lights off of a lift gate truck and see whats up.

d(-__-)b

Archived