Sonic Electronix

Engine Noise Through Tweeters

It is not 8 guage and it doesnt have 4 strands. I dont know the exact count but its better then scosche wire from walmart.

lol i never said that. i said the wire I have seen that is welders wire

I know i was just saying so you know, my friend had a huge spool of it so i got it for almost free. The only thing bad about it is that it doesn't flex good....

Are the bolts that hold the back seats to the floor ok ground if i sand where they meet the floor?

2002 FORD EXPLORER PACKED WITH SOME CHEAP SUBWOOFERS!

I know i was just saying so you know, my friend had a huge spool of it so i got it for almost free. The only thing bad about it is that it doesn't flex good....

Are the bolts that hold the back seats to the floor ok ground if i sand where they meet the floor?

oh ok lol cool lucky.

thats where ive had my all my different amps grounded and its been fine. as long as you sand down the area REALLY well and make sure the metal is super shiny

I have a Panasonic CQ-C9801W. I have upgraded the batteries ground, and the positive to the alternator but ran out of the wire before i could reground the alternator. The amp that the tweeters are being powered by is a 500 watt pyramid gold series (free). And it was saying there was a flood error when i was trying to post, so i followed the rules and tryed to repost 20 seconds later and it did that multiple times so i just kept waiting.

Oh and yes i start MTSU next fall after i graduate.

My power wire is 4g weld it wire, no that i think about it i do not think that i sanded to bare metal where i grounded the highs amp...

The amp itself could be the problem. It isn't a great amp.

Completely off topic, but I dated a girl from Murfreesboro. What I wouldn't give to get her back...

I'm pretty sure she went to Blackman, which it looks like you did too. Do you know Kerri Markum?

Edit: Shkibbybop, Kerri goes to MTSU. Do you? Maybe you know her too.

I graduated MTSU in '07 so I doubt it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 1 year later...

reported

x2

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

^^what a douche.

im having the same problem and thought why should i make another thread.

ive ran all my power wire on right and everything else on left, grounded my rca's and tried several different grounds for my amp (kicker 650.4, tweets are going off comps ftl...) rca's are rockford and kicker.

any help would be appreciated.

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

ground loop. do u hear alternator whine. get ground loop isolator. darvex carries one i think

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Ground loop isolators are the worst thing you could do as a first try at fixing the problem. They mask the noise but do not get rid of it.

On the topic of what is going on with your ground loop you should check and double check all of your connections. I don't know how many times I have seen people with 4-Channels accidentally wire a negative lead into the positive channel input etc and this creates a nasty wine similar to alternator feedback.

If all of your connections front to back are correct then test the continuity of your grounds. (Google can help show you how to do this).

Also something very important to consider is where you are grounding your amps. If you have multiple grounding points and it creates a difference in ground potential this could cause the feedback. Ground very close together and make sure they are nice and tight grounds, again check to make sure it is a good grounding point.

Finish your big 3 because if you have a body on frame style vehicle the ground potential difference can be large.

Doubt any of these solutions will resolve your problem but hope it helps! Ground loops are the devil!

Archived