puting movies on to itunes ? need help

okay so im trying to prepare for my flight to hawaii this coming friday and i was wondering how i can take a dvd and put it on my ipod if it can be done

I file once on your PC needs to be converted by itunes into the proper format. If you drag the file into itunes, then from there you should have the covert option in your files options. It will take awhile for a movie.

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

im trying to figure this out too. what file do you drag? every dvd i put in has a bunch of files and none of them are obvious. where in itunes do you drag the file to?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Go to "format factory" web page and download the software adn then drag it to Itunes. It takes awhile but it's free and you can watch your movies.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

im trying to figure this out too. what file do you drag? every dvd i put in has a bunch of files and none of them are obvious. where in itunes do you drag the file to?

Dude, I don't think anyone is even remotely helping you here because iTunes (as far as I know) can do alot of things, but it cannot rip and format movies right from a DVD disc, last time I checked.

Here is what I use:

A software called DVD Decrypter to remove the data from the DVD (Also Slysoft's Any DvD running does not hurt, it bipasses and protections if you need to)

http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

Then software called Auto Gordian Knot (AutoGK) that will join together all those pieces of info you were talking about having (TOS and VOB and whatever they are called) into a nice, compact and decent quality AVI.

http://www.autogk.me.uk/

If you want to go a step further (which I recommend highly) because it is iPod you can use software called Super (AVS Converter):

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It works great for making stuff even smaller for phones and iPods because a full AVI is a waste of space on a tiny screen (plus some phones like different shaped video).

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg

thanks slug. so any one of those programs will do what im looking for or do i have to do #1 then #2?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thanks slug. so any one of those programs will do what im looking for or do i have to do #1 then #2?

Yep, it is a process like developing film. Movie studios don't want it to be easy to "back up" your own property. The guy above me may be right and that software might do it all but I think it costs money.

So far I think everything I posted may be free or have some kind of trial.. otherwise I hope you know how to torrent. What makes DVD decrypter so popular is that it is easy and very simple and reliable. It also burns great.

images-1.jpg