Second Skin Audio

port on sub face vs top

baaudio

what difference does it make having the port on the same side as subs vs having it on the top? and which is better for big systems a slot or port. im planning two 15" l7s in a 40x24x24 box with 4x18 port thats 13.3" long. planning on port on top. oh using 1" mdf also. ill post designs later

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

the direction you point the port and/or subs is totally vehicle dependent. alot of SUV's sound better with subs up and port back (towards hatch), same thing with hatchbacks. with sedans you generally want to go sub back port back unless your seats fold then you do sub forward port forward

the direction you point the port and/or subs is totally vehicle dependent. alot of SUV's sound better with subs up and port back (towards hatch), same thing with hatchbacks. with sedans you generally want to go sub back port back unless your seats fold then you do sub forward port forward

and dont forget the pickup trucks. I hear for the ext cabs subs foward port up is best thats what Im planning on doing

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

k well ive got a 97 explorer sport. basically the box is going to fill my cargo area and i was going to have the subs facing the hatch with the port near the backseats. if that makes sense. nothing is set in stone yet except box dimensions.

if i go port towards hatch its gonna be right on the hatch

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

and dont forget the pickup trucks. I hear for the ext cabs subs foward port up is best thats what Im planning on doing

yep sub fwd, port up sounds good and the waves load off the back wall..i tried sub up port fwd and not so good lol but it works.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

is it okay to have multiple subs/ports all facing the same way?

i dont see why not

k well ive got a 97 explorer sport. basically the box is going to fill my cargo area and i was going to have the subs facing the hatch with the port near the backseats. if that makes sense. nothing is set in stone yet except box dimensions.

if i go port towards hatch its gonna be right on the hatch

why not change the dimensions? you dont get box designs set in stone then find what woofers will fit in it, you have to customize every single box to every sub. some 15s, for example, like 3 cubic foot enclosures, some like 6 cubic foot enclosures.

just saying

i dont see why not

why not change the dimensions? you dont get box designs set in stone then find what woofers will fit in it, you have to customize every single box to every sub. some 15s, for example, like 3 cubic foot enclosures, some like 6 cubic foot enclosures.

just saying

i agree with you totally. but im gonna be running 2 15" l7s rated for 3-6 cubic feet ported box. so my box works out to about 10 cu ft. i was incorrect in saying that was set in stone. thats more like as big as i can go without laying the back seats down. damn 2 doors :P

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Archived