Second Skin Audio

My Box And Bass

i dont know man i dont have the money right now i got to get a job for da summer so i can upgrade it pisses me off when i see people upgrading so often then i think damn i wish i could do that so imma get a job

Edited by white_boi_audio

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

sounds too me that you have your sub amp gain too far up... so at lower volumes your amp is already pushing its max hence why your subs dont get louder when your volume is turned up but the rest of your speakers do. 9 times out of 10 your amp gain will always be lower then halfway up.

also if you have a bass boost that is all the way up, might be causing it too.

i got my lpf set at around 80hz and then my bass boost is off and i think my gain is at maybe 3/4 should i run my amp with bass boost on or will it eventually damage something?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

High level is when you use your stock head unit and shit, and its not rca's its speaker wire going from your factory system to a high level input on the amplifier. To make it simple, do you have rca's running from your head unit to your amp?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

High level is when you use your stock head unit and shit, and its not rca's its speaker wire going from your factory system to a high level input on the amplifier. To make it simple, do you have rca's running from your head unit to your amp?

yea i do i didnt use one of those when i first put this system on my stock head unit i tapt in the rear 6x9's and then put my own rca's on the end of the speaker wire and hooked in the amp but everytime u would change the radio station the subs would bump a little lol old days

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-KICKER-07-CVR10-2-Oh...1QQcmdZViewItem

does anyone think these are worth 128 and could anyone fine me a good amp to power them that is under 150$

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

anybody know or would recommend me 2 subs 10 inch and a amp to power them all together price around 200 250

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Not sure why youre so dead set on 10's, but here's an idea:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7018_P...Bass+S-10D.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6521_H...cs+BXi+606.html

And don't say that's the same level of stuff as what you have now, that Hifonics puts out at least twice as much power, and those subs can handle it. I've heard a single powerbass 12 in a bandpass (eat dirt's old old setup), and that thing gave the worst chest pains. If $250 is all you got, i'd go with what i posted above.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

sean i like them powerbass subs and those are a good price but do u think theres another amp besides hifonics that is still good and the same wattage for like 150 or so

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

sean or anyone can u help me out need amp that will push out a good clean 600 watts for a good price under 150 or right at it?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

here's one on ebay, with shipping its still over $150 tho...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-07-HIFONICS-BXI606...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a real slick deal here, the only thing is its a 2 ohm amp, so youd need to pick different subs:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8570_K...+KAC-8103D.html

Or you can pick up a dual 4 ohm type r 12 for 120 bucks, put that amp to it, and itd sound pretty damn good...

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall