at the end of my rope with this one

Will it remote start if you disconnect the transponder ring and put the key in the ignition?

What wires do you have connected to the accessory wire? did you test your output on the brain to see if it's kicking on when you activate the alarm for some reason?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Ok I just reread the thread... for some reason I was thinking this was a park avenue. It is the passlock system that is kicking in... you are useing a transponder bypass when you need a PLJX(resistance based). That is why the vehicle will not start. Passlock wire = yellow and ground = black/orange... will be in ignition harness...

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Ok I just reread the thread... for some reason I was thinking this was a park avenue. It is the passlock system that is kicking in... you are useing a transponder bypass when you need a PLJX(resistance based). That is why the vehicle will not start. Passlock wire = yellow and ground = black/orange... will be in ignition harness...

ah damn so I need the PLJX instead of the XKEY? Im guessin the Xkey must not be resistance based than...gotcha man...any idea as to why the radio and cig lighter cuts on when I arm it? the only line connected to accessory (orange in ignition harness) is the brown wire coming from the alarm.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

ah damn so I need the PLJX instead of the XKEY? Im guessin the Xkey must not be resistance based than...gotcha man...any idea as to why the radio and cig lighter cuts on when I arm it? the only line connected to accessory (orange in ignition harness) is the brown wire coming from the alarm.

The XKEY is a transponder based bypass... that ring actually transmits an RF signal. So yes you need the PLJX... or you can do it with resistors and a couple relays... I'd suggest the PLJX though just because they are cheap, easy, and work well.

Is the HVAC kicking on too? it definitely sounds like your accessory wire is firing up for some reason... might want to go over your programming options and disconnect the accessory wire coming from the brain... and see if that fixes it. That way you know it's either programming or a bad unit of some sort.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

The XKEY is a transponder based bypass... that ring actually transmits an RF signal. So yes you need the PLJX... or you can do it with resistors and a couple relays... I'd suggest the PLJX though just because they are cheap, easy, and work well.

Is the HVAC kicking on too? it definitely sounds like your accessory wire is firing up for some reason... might want to go over your programming options and disconnect the accessory wire coming from the brain... and see if that fixes it. That way you know it's either programming or a bad unit of some sort.

gotcha man...Ill pick up a PLJX. Dont think the HVAC is on too, my friend let me know that there was a single fuse on the HVAC, radio, cig lighter, console lights, etc. so I get what your sayin. Ill try disconnecting it tomorrow...so I guess I can just take out the XKEY then and give him back his stock key haha.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

aight so after waiting a week for the PLJX (no shops near by had/would sell me the module) I finally got it last night...got some bad news from the guy though, he said he busted some gaskets in the engine and shes leaking antifreeze. luckily the guys up in high performance @ my school will replace the gaskets for him hes just gotta buy them...but what sucks for me is that now he wants me to go over there (20 min away) to finish the install tomorrow...needless to say, Ill be triple checking that I have all my tools to bring, and my connections so I wont have to go back.

Im also thinking about charging a little more. mostly cuz of the cold, the ride there and back (this would be the 2nd time I go over there), the whole thing has been a PITA. but I am a little worried, he mentioned to me that he was gonna be down 200 bucks for the gaskets...kinda caught my attention as to whether or not that may be a hint that I won't get paid. Ill be discussing cost with him tomorrow before I get started.

Also, thanks ALOT to bassprodigy, Audiofanaticz, and Shyne (again haha) for all the help with this install. I woulda been screwed without your help! :clapping:

Also, thanks ALOT to bassprodigy, Audiofanaticz, and Shyne (again haha) for all the help with this install. I woulda been screwed without your help! :clapping:

No problem man... I know what it is like to have no help when you're trying to install an alarm and have only done a few before.

As for getting more money you might as well try, installing in the cold is something I usually refuse to do... lol

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

No problem man... I know what it is like to have no help when you're trying to install an alarm and have only done a few before.

As for getting more money you might as well try, installing in the cold is something I usually refuse to do... lol

definitely a huge help to me on several occasions...and refusing to install in the cold is exactly what I should do haha.

just an update, everythings in, tucked away, complete....except the radio still turns on when the car locks...OF COURSE it didnt do it till I left his house. tested it 3 times and waited a good couple minutes to see it turn on and never did. soon as I leave, I get a call, hes playin with the functions and it started doin it again. think what Ill do tomorrow is take out his head, run a new acc line, cuz I think whoever put in his unit tapped into the wrong line. 20 minute fix. :rolleyes:

Im at the end of my rope with this. everytime I go fix something, it will work while im there, and as soon as I leave it doesnt....Ive had enough. he fucks with it. calls me last night to ask my how he unlocks the buttons on the remote cus HE LOCKED THEM! WTF DO I LOOK LIKE???!! hes got the manual in front of him, figure it the fuck out....I tapped into the acc line goin to his A/C instead of the radio. it worked while I was there. got outta the car. locked it. radio off. got in the car. turned the key, radio on. turn on the AC. fine. turn off the A/C and radio stays on. fine. he calls me a half hour ago sayin his radio wont turn on. this will be the last time I look at this car. =@ /rant

anytime man

Im at the end of my rope with this. everytime I go fix something, it will work while im there, and as soon as I leave it doesnt....Ive had enough. he fucks with it. calls me last night to ask my how he unlocks the buttons on the remote cus HE LOCKED THEM! WTF DO I LOOK LIKE???!! hes got the manual in front of him, figure it the fuck out....I tapped into the acc line goin to his A/C instead of the radio. it worked while I was there. got outta the car. locked it. radio off. got in the car. turned the key, radio on. turn on the AC. fine. turn off the A/C and radio stays on. fine. he calls me a half hour ago sayin his radio wont turn on. this will be the last time I look at this car. =@ /rant

yea, fuck that... its not your fault that he doesnt know how to work it......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

Archived