Sonic Electronix

ive been blowing fuses repeatedly everytime i try to hook up my amp. i know the amp works cause ive had it in before with the exact same setup. i had the neg on the batt unhooked during entire install and no fuse in the power wire until the end. i have everything hooked up correctly but everytime i hook the neg on the battery up the two 10 amp fuses on my amp blow right away. i tried raises the fuses. went to 15, 20 all the way to 30 but same thing everytime. does that mean that my amp has a short? or is something else wrong.

thanks for any help.

2 RF 15'' P1's

Hifonics TXi6008

Kenwood KDC H.U.

Infiniti Components

All Monster wiriring

Was happening to my friends amp a while back. We ended up taking the bottom off of the amp and looking at the guts, and noticed that one of the clips the fuse connects to on the inside of the amp was loose. We tightened it and it worked perfectly fine and didn't blow anymore fuses. You can try that, can't promise it'll fix it though.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

ive been blowing fuses repeatedly everytime i try to hook up my amp. i know the amp works cause ive had it in before with the exact same setup. i had the neg on the batt unhooked during entire install and no fuse in the power wire until the end. i have everything hooked up correctly but everytime i hook the neg on the battery up the two 10 amp fuses on my amp blow right away. i tried raises the fuses. went to 15, 20 all the way to 30 but same thing everytime. does that mean that my amp has a short? or is something else wrong.

thanks for any help.

Sounds like a short somewhere. I would check the wiring at the amp to make sure your + and - aren't touching. If that isn't it, I would check your + wire to make sure the wire insulation isn't broken anywhere that is allowing the wires to touch metal.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Are you absolutely certain you don't have the + and - wires backwards? Because that will blow your amp fuses every single time.

p.s. Increasing the fuse rating is a really, really dumb idea, eventually something other than the fuse will fail instead...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived