Sonic Electronix

i was driving and bumping some music and after a little i heard air coming from somewhere. it was making pssst sounds everytime the bass hit so i was like wtf is that i thought maybe my box was leaking or something so i get home pull the box out of the car and my positive ring on my terminal was blown out of the plastic trim.

this is what my terminals used to look like when i got the box to try to give you an idea of what im talking about

img148.jpg

the positive ring or whatever its called the whole gold peice on the positive side was hanging out of the trim so i was wondering how the fuck that happened. so i yanked my subs out of the box and looked into it and the rubber peice on the crimp on terminal connector was melted and small part of the wire that wasnt crimped on turned from copper gold to black and the whole ring terminal thing on the inside was black and it melted the plastic around the gold terminal peice and i guess the pressure from the subs pushed the terminal out of the trim while it was melting the trim so it was blown outside. im wondering how the fuck did this happen.

i had my LOC installed by a local car audio dealer and i gave my car to them with wires and everything and told them to hook up the loc to the amp and test it out but when i got it back, the wire from the amp to the terminal on the box went from an 8gauge wire that i supplied to a 14gauge wire and the subs inside the box are wired with 8gauge wire so im no sure what the hell happened there i never really got around to asking them but maybe that could have been an issue?

sorry i cant take any pics right now cause my parents are on vacation and took my camera but they will be back tonight so ill try to get some pictures of the issue tomorrow right now i caulked the terminal up and just going to use the second terminal on the other side of the box but i dont want to burn this one either so can someone help me understand what happened so i dont burn my car down?

Edited by Amalan

simply put: the wire was too small and had too much current trying to push through it and overheated and burnt up. Ive seen it several times. replace your wire with larger guage and I really dont recommend those terminals either. Just my point of view.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

simply put: the wire was too small and had too much current trying to push through it and overheated and burnt up. Ive seen it several times. replace your wire with larger guage and I really dont recommend those terminals either. Just my point of view.

well my box was built by tuan at team toxic bass so thats what he decided to use lol i cant change it. but the 8 gauge wire inside the box burnt up but eh 14gauge wire outside the box was fine.

well my box was built by tuan at team toxic bass so thats what he decided to use lol i cant change it. but the 8 gauge wire inside the box burnt up but eh 14gauge wire outside the box was fine.

all i know is that each time you have a "connection" ( distro blocks terminal cups etc) it adds resistance....idk sorry

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

you could go and buy some new terminals and upgrade ur wire and just throw them old ones away

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

eh i dont think the resistance is great enough to make a difference. im going to go upgrade the wire to 8 gauge again lol should call those bastards back and demand my 8 gauge but im too lazy to drive 20min over there to pick it up cause the cost of just going to a close shop and picking up 8 gauge would be about the same amount as the gas going back to that shop for 20min arguing with them wasting my time for god know how long getting my shit back and driving back another 20 min.

well dont listen and do it over again and eventually it will happen again

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

well dont listen and do it over again and eventually it will happen again

hey r-tard i cant change the terminals the box was built like that i cant do anything about it now unless i want to run wires out of the port or something which im not going to do.

its not a matter of im not listening its a matter of i cant do anything about the terminal and i highly highly highly doubt TTB would use shit terminals knowing what kind of power and subs are going in there so i really doubt the terminals are the problem. i dont really care about gaining .03 db by running wires straight from the box or using different terminals. its not the terminals that are causing this problem its most likely the wires so im changing them like i already said.

hey r-tard i cant change the terminals the box was built like that i cant do anything about it now unless i want to run wires out of the port or something which im not going to do.

its not a matter of im not listening its a matter of i cant do anything about the terminal and i highly highly highly doubt TTB would use shit terminals knowing what kind of power and subs are going in there so i really doubt the terminals are the problem. i dont really care about gaining .03 db by running wires straight from the box or using different terminals. its not the terminals that are causing this problem its most likely the wires so im changing them like i already said.

didnt you say that u are going to change the old wire that was burnt with the new wire the same gauge and also u said u cant change the termianls it looks like there is 4 screws on that terminal u take it out not sying the terminal is bad u also said that the wire is crimped to the terminal weell if u cant get that off u have to buy new terminals and put better wire on them.

just my 0.2 cents u dont have to be an ass about it u asked for opinions so u got one

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

what happened did he leave u got what u asked for

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"