Sonic Electronix

didnt you say that u are going to change the old wire that was burnt with the new wire the same gauge and also u said u cant change the termianls it looks like there is 4 screws on that terminal u take it out not sying the terminal is bad u also said that the wire is crimped to the terminal weell if u cant get that off u have to buy new terminals and put better wire on them.

just my 0.2 cents u dont have to be an ass about it u asked for opinions so u got one

no the terminals are screwed and caulked down. and sorry i dont really know all the specific terms for this crap but its not crimped on to the terminal. theres a screw and bolt on the other side of the terminal and i crimped on a ring connector to the 8 gauge wire and used the bolt to keep the connector on the screw terminal. i already removed everything and caulked that terminal and theres another terminal on the other side that i will be using so i need to make sure i dont make the same mistake twice. but my b for flippin out

its all good i guess see i thought u couldnt take the termianl out it sounds like u already did well all i know to say is try to fix it and thats all i feel like saying

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

did maybe the terminals touch at all? maybe arced ?sp across?

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

did maybe the terminals touch at all? maybe arced ?sp across?

no i dont think so plus the amp woulda been gone if that happened. i think the ring connector was touching the plastic tho but i dunno if that would do anything.