Second Skin Audio

Which subs for hifonics 2010d?

Hey guys just joined the forum andhave read a lot of good info. I got a hifonics 2010d for Christmas it puts out 2000rms @14.4 volts so I was thinking of getting a pair of 15's for my 01 Durango. Initially I was gonna go with two alpine 15's but now I'm considering two 15" Fi BL's. What would u guys suggest. Will this amp Be enough to power the Fi's? I created an enclosure on sketchup, I'll post it up later when I get home and some measurments.

Sorry for the typos, I'm on my phone

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

HU: Alpine CDA-9857

Sub: Fi Bl 4"VC fully loaded

Sub Amp: RF 1500-1bdcp

Highs Amp: Kicker KX650.4

Highs: Polk Audio db 6.5 comps

Epicenter

if i decide to go with the two type r's i was thinking of going with a box like this.

boxmodel.jpg

these dimensions are the max i would like to go with but i do think that it might be a little to large for these speakers. as far as the port goes i think i got the right tuning but is the port area too small?

boxdimensions.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

2003 Mach 1 Build

HU: Alpine CDA-9857

Sub: Fi Bl 4"VC fully loaded

Sub Amp: RF 1500-1bdcp

Highs Amp: Kicker KX650.4

Highs: Polk Audio db 6.5 comps

Epicenter

You need to either enlarge the pic you have of Expo's box calc or list the box specs because that pic is entirely too small to read. Off the power you have I'd run a pair of 15" FI SSDs over either of the woofers you listed.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

The BL's should be good with that amp : they don't need to get full power to play well and please you, even if they can take up to 1500 watts (with no clipping).

Get the BL's instead of the ssd's, if you can afford them. Or get one first, and the second when the money come. It will just cost you some wood/mdf.

Take a look at the *** woofers : 2 trash's would be great on that power, or 1 or 2 junk's !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

you need HELLA more port area. and check the slot port if its gonna be....a slot port, and check "bends" if its gonna bend (if the port length is bigger than box depth)

do 8cuft tuned to 34-35hz after displacement and the right port area this time and you should be good to go.

Edited by Kranny