My future is a weird one............

Well im applying to DPT school (doctor physical therapy) in Fall 2010 and if I dont get into the school for some reason (they accept like 35-40 students out of 200) then im going to continue with my backup major of biomedical sciences. I would love to be able and research diseases and micros for a job for sure. here is an example of come classes for biomedical I would have to take. lmao

immunology

pharmacology

micro anatomy

med microbiolgy

Hon res thesis

organic chem 1 and 2

biochemisty

human anatomy

pathophysiology

biochemistry

lmao it looks like i will have no life until after the summer of 2012 which is when i would finish up these classes if i didng get into my dpt school. what do yall think? just suck it up and do what i got to do. ive been going to school for 4 years right now, that that would make like 6 years of going to school but i would come out good and have a good job at a college in the labratory

Edited by FiBTLforlife

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

It will only be worth it if that's what you truly wanna do with your life... Trust me even very high paying jobs can't make up for going to work miserable every day and not being happy with what you're doing.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Well im applying to DPT school (doctor physical therapy) in Fall 2010 and if I dont get into the school for some reason (they accept like 35-40 students out of 200) then im going to continue with my backup major of biomedical sciences. I would love to be able and research diseases and micros for a job for sure. here is an example of come classes for biomedical I would have to take. lmao

immunology

pharmacology

micro anatomy

med microbiolgy

Hon res thesis

organic chem 1 and 2

biochemisty

human anatomy

pathophysiology

biochemistry

lmao it looks like i will have no life until after the summer of 2012 which is when i would finish up these classes if i didng get into my dpt school. what do yall think? just suck it up and do what i got to do. ive been going to school for 4 years right now, that that would make like 6 years of going to school but i would come out good and have a good job at a college in the labratory

thats all that matters bro that you get out and have a good job.But is it something that you'd enjoy doing?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

thats all that matters bro that you get out and have a good job.But is it something that you'd enjoy doing?

ow yes i would love to do it. anything that biology or dealing with working with people. so DPT and biomedical sciences is all i know. i dont think i would be happy doing anything else. my fam is not really a big SCHOOL type so when i tell them ow im doing this or i got a year before applying, they just say ow good hope it works out for you but kinda in a so so way.

if i did biomedical i would like to work with cancer patients and evaluate their samples and try to learn more on it. if not that then anyone with a disease

1 3500d AQ amp

It will only be worth it if that's what you truly wanna do with your life... Trust me even very high paying jobs can't make up for going to work miserable every day and not being happy with what you're doing.

That's why I'm having such a hard time deciding what to do with my life. I plan on starting back to school later this year, but I have no idea what I want to do.

I know what I WANT to do, but it isn't going to happen. :cray:

Sorry for the thread hijack.

That's why I'm having such a hard time deciding what to do with my life. I plan on starting back to school later this year, but I have no idea what I want to do.

I know what I WANT to do, but it isn't going to happen. :cray:

Sorry for the thread hijack.

what is it that you want to do man. if its somthing you will like to do then do it. school is only for a short time anyway, you got allot of years to live

1 3500d AQ amp

Damn man that's awesome! That's very similar to my goal, a degree in biochemistry. I wouldn't mind doing the direct disease/microbiology research but I'm more a chemistry freak so I'd be making the medicine itself. I love working out a formula, mixing stuff together, and *poof* out comes something else! I love science :)

EDIT: oh and I'd say try out for the DPT, that way you keep your options open. Even if you decide you don't want to do it later, you'll only be out the application fee and some time, but you can't not apply, and then change your mind later!

Edited by mikey634

what is it that you want to do man. if its somthing you will like to do then do it. school is only for a short time anyway, you got allot of years to live

Well, I want to move somewhere like Colorado, Montana, etc and become a wildland firefighter, but A) I've got some bad back problems, and B) I'm not going to uproot my family from where we are now.

I've been looking into the medical field, possibly lab work (something like histotechnology). But going back to school at 30 years old and working full time with a family, it's going to be a long road.

I will know in 14 days whether I am going to UNC.

I have been accepted to every other school I have applied to, but this one is a tough one...I really want to go there for undergrad.

Shooting after chemistry/biochemistry...and basically doing pre-dentistry without being in a pre-dentistry program.

Everyone thinks I am weird for wanting to be a dentist my entire life, but I can't wait for dental school!!!

Anyway, if what you want to do requires school suck it up and do it!!!

I don't really want to be in college for 8 years (plus 3 to specialize)

But I want to do dentistry, and I know it would be worth it!!

Here is something I have thought about on another aspect of this thread.

Lets say another job that I would "love"...

Flight instructor. I love flying and do it on a regular basis...my flight instructor told me he makes basically what a teacher makes.

Now we can balance that out and say probably $30,000.

From reading a lot about dentistry and having a family that's deeply embedded into it I can tell you a, lets say, orthodontist. Could make $300,000 a year, while being his own boss and making his own hours.

So if you want to think of it like that you could work 5 years as an orthodontist, and then retire, and have the same as working amount of money as a flight instructor for 50 years.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

I work at a pathological laboratory and my mother is a biochemist...

All the pathological studies are pretty damn cool but IMO it's a bit of a dieing industry. At work now we have so many machines that do the jobs people used to do manually.

The one thing about them is that if you're good at what you do it can open doors for you to move into management type positions in Health industries... there's also a shiteload of money to be had out there, companies like Roche look after their staff (and with the money they make it's not surprising)

IMO don't do Microbiology... it's probably the most hands-on department at work and they definitely see some of the coolest/freakiest/funniest stuff (sperm in an oral swab anyone?!?! ahahha) but half the time that part of the lab smells naaaasty :lol:

Biochemistry, Haematology, Immunology, they're all pretty cool. Maybe even Histology or Cytology?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!