Different Ohmage

If i have a dual 2 ohm sub and a dual 1 ohm sub and i wire the dual 2 ohm paralell making it 1 ohm then wire the dual 1 ohm paralell making it .5 ohm then i wire the 2 in paralell what ohm would that be and if i wire them series what would it be.....confused on the series and paralelling of different ohms

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

0.3333333333333 ohms. for parallel

1.5ohms for series

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

ah i see said the blind man.....you got a ohm calculator or sumthin lol

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Just remember this:

For parallel, take the individual resistance for each sub & divide 1 by it. Do that for each sub you want to wire in parallel so say 1/1ohm =1 + 1/.5ohm=2 Then add up you answers and divid 1 by that: 1+2=3 so 1/3=0.33333333333333333(to infinity) Your total resistant load should be LESS than the smallest resistance IN your circuit (in this case it should be smaller than .5ohms)

For series, all you do is add up all your resistances to find the total load.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Archived