Sonic Electronix

Newbie question 12" Vs 15"s Help Please?

hey guys im new to this forum anyways , I have been asking around and i always keeping getting diffrent answers Can anywone tell me wich one hits harder 12"s or 15"s my installer keeps telling me the smaller the woofer the harder it will hit, i am looking for hard hitting bass not for SQ , my setup befor was 2 l7 12s hooked up to a T4000.1Bd and now i got 2 RE audio MX15's , i dont like the way the RE 's sound I am looking to puchase FI BTLS but my Installer keeps telling me to go with 12"s insted of 15"s , Any advice will help and again I am looking for hard hitting bass not SQ ,Thanks again - Art

No Replacement for Displacement

More cone area will get louder ... but it all depends on the box.

build a crappy box and it dont matter what size sub you have.

A lot of it is in the box but smaller subs can hit "faster" due to less cone/coil weight. It also takes more excursion for them to excite the same volume of air as a larger diaphram though.

Do you want it fast and hard (shakes your voice box) or low and hard (sucks the air out of your lungs)? I much prefer low since you are less likely to hear "voices" from the subs then.

Edited by STEvil

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Do you want it fast and hard (shakes your voice box) or low and hard (sucks the air out of your lungs)?

I believe that is sig material there :)

Guest Scylloga
Do you want it fast and hard (shakes your voice box) or low and hard (sucks the air out of your lungs)?
I believe that is sig material there :)

Plus it sounds dirty! :01nocomment8so:

lol, go ahead guys.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.