Second Skin Audio

Help With A Good Box For An Re Mt 15"

cj232

To start its good to be here and I really respect Steve, and the other competitors. I'm new my name is James I'm 18 and I've been into car audio now for around 3yrs. I'm really excited because I just got a new car and today I received my RFTB40001 I've seen pics of it before but this thing is HUGE! :lol: The good thing is my car had a system in it before so it came a JL Audio clean sweep, JL 300/4 and has the JL Audio components still installed. Its a '05 Nissan Altima 3.5.

To get back on topic I chose the MT 15" mostly because of its power handling capabilities. I heard some people say it will sound like s*** daily because its an SPL oriented sub. Others say it would sound great in a good box with the right tuning. What tuning would you guys recommend for daily? I listen to mostly rap and some rock. Or.. should I look into a different sub?

well just ask meade..his old setup was 18''mt's. so you might could get some tuning and what not info from him..

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

also use no less than 3/4 mdf and double up on the front.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived