Sonic Electronix

Ok, need some help guys...

So I have the system in the top of my sig to give you an idea...

I have no amplifier directly to my speakers just sub amp, when I turn my bass on my deck to 0 (it can go -8/+8) the speakers distort at high volumes and sound like crap, while the bass HITS HARD. Does BASS level on the HU affect amplifier output voltage AC? Like if I turn my bass down to say -2 or -4 can I then turn my gain up a notch to compensate? or is volume the only thing that affects it?

Also what crossover would I need that's cheap so I don't get ANY lows from my speakers and just mids/highs, and can anyone recommend a CHEAP 4 channel amplifier that isn't going to add to much strain next to my SAE-1200D. (since my component speakers are like 100RMS each I'd be looking 400.4 or so)

thanks in advance.

Ok so just run one of those cheap passives? I can do that, how exactly do you hook it up is it through the REMOTE wire or something?

ALSO any ideas about the bass adjustment on my HU can I turn the bass down a few and the gain up or will that just raise my voltage.

just like andrew said.

try setting the HPF on your alpine to 80 hz on the mids.

with that deck what happens is that when u turn the bass level up, it also turns up the bass in the mids so they need to be crossed over to help minimize the problem.

edit: at least i THINK thats what the problem may be. My friend has the 9886 and when i messed around with it thats what i found out.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

my alpine doesnt' have HPF it's weak as heck it has almost NO options for the original price of this thing haha, so yeah it sounds like I need a crossover to compensate... So if I do use the crossover it will eliminate my problem? the speakers sound FINE if my bass on my HU is below -2/-4 but when I put it at 0 it KILLS them on most songs haha so yeah I'm almost 100% its just because I need to eliminate frequency levels.

I have a Cerwin Vega Exl400.4 that I would be willing to sell you. The crossover on the amp is awesome and you can run the comp set actively. The front two channels you would use for the tweets on high pass and could set them to rolloff anywhere from 330hz-5500hz. Then that leaves the rear 2 channels for the mids that will be set to low pass and can be set from the same freq of 330hz-5500hz. Depending on what comp set you have is where you would need to determine where the xovers need to be set. For example, I had it running my Kicker RS65.2 comp set that had the passive xovers crossed over at 3200hz. So I set the tweets to 3200hz and then set the mids to about 2800hz for a little bit of overlap.

Most of the amps out there are high end that have this type of xover in them to allow you to run actively. If your interested pm me and I'll give you a price on it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived