Problem with iPod not charging

kl0wn

Okay well my buddy has had the same ipod for a really long time (one of the first generation nanos IIRC). He just decided to go out and buy a 5th generation nano so he could carry more music around. He just plugs it in and throws it into his glove box. With his new iPod, when he plugs it in, the deck will still play music from it and everything, but will not charge it. So I did a little bit of searching and came up with this. Will this adaptor make it so it charges his iPod when plugged up into the H/U?

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

typically if its connected via dock connector its being charged :good:

Well, it's being connected to the dock, but it says the iPod is not recognized. It is still playing music from the iPod, but it says on the iPod screen that it is not charging it.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

happened to mine a few times 99 percent sure this is the problem

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320

1 Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2 Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

I'm not sure if that will work but I'll tell you this. I had an old 30gig iPod video and my Pioneer was able to charge it. When that broke, I got an iTouch. My Pioneer would not let me charge the iTouch. It could be something with the newer ipods not being able to charge unless you buy a certain adapter. Like I said, I don't know if that one will work.

Okay well my buddy has had the same ipod for a really long time (one of the first generation nanos IIRC). He just decided to go out and buy a 5th generation nano so he could carry more music around. He just plugs it in and throws it into his glove box. With his new iPod, when he plugs it in, the deck will still play music from it and everything, but will not charge it. So I did a little bit of searching and came up with this. Will this adaptor make it so it charges his iPod when plugged up into the H/U?

That is the correct unit that you need. All of the new ipods charge at 5 volts now verses 12 volts on previous models. I have the same unit in my truck attached to my 3rd gen itouch.

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

That is the correct unit that you need. All of the new ipods charge at 5 volts now verses 12 volts on previous models. I have the same unit in my truck attached to my 3rd gen itouch.

you are correct.

older apple stuff is 12v

newer ipod IE: 5th gen ipods and 3g iphones charge @ 5v

the cable is a voltage stepdown.

Sucks it has to be done that way, but it works.

All 2010 decks will now charge both 5v and 12v

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived