what causes distortion?

pioneer cant runs active.i check evething like 10x and still get distortion on mids only,tweets sound good.i dont know if the mids need more power.but im planning on getting a powerbass 600.4 amp

Facepalm

you are running active.maybe a wire is touching one of the speakers.grounding out the mids maybe?check the amp..or take pics of how the amp is like how its wired.and maybe you had the negative on the postivie or something like that.Like i said take pics on how you have the amp set up?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

wait, if your running active why do you have a separate crossover listed as items that you used? step 1 purchase a better amp that does at least 80watts rms x2 @ 4 ohm, hook up crossovers as passive, set hpf of better amp to 80-100 hz

this is how i have set up hook up

HU--to crossover --2 rca's output one for highs and 1 for lows to amp

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

okay so then if you ahve the crossover hook up your not running active then.

maybe crossover is blown?

Facepalm

you are running active.maybe a wire is touching one of the speakers.grounding out the mids maybe?check the amp..or take pics of how the amp is like how its wired.and maybe you had the negative on the postivie or something like that.Like i said take pics on how you have the amp set up?

not a facepalm.

he is aware that he is running active. I was asking whether is deck can run active without the alpine crossover before the amp.

OP can you please post a link to the crossover you are using?

and you are using two pairs of RCAs right? well actually you would have to or you would have no sound on 2 of the speakers lol.

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

okay so then if you ahve the crossover hook up your not running active then.

maybe crossover is blown?

That is an active crossover in-line before the amps. He is not using the passive crossover provided with the components. He IS running active.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

what head unit do you have? did you accidently plug one of the RCAs into a non fader? double check. I did the same thing a week ago...

Im almost certain you have an RCA plugged in wrong or speaker wires plugged in wrong. That and I dont know what slopes you are setting the crossovers at...

and 2500 may be a little low for the tweets. they are 1 inch so bigger than others but i would turn them up a hair. i would be concerned at high volumes for them.

Eclipse cd7000

what head unit do you have? did you accidently plug one of the RCAs into a non fader? double check. I did the same thing a week ago...

Im almost certain you have an RCA plugged in wrong or speaker wires plugged in wrong. That and I dont know what slopes you are setting the crossovers at...

and 2500 may be a little low for the tweets. they are 1 inch so bigger than others but i would turn them up a hair. i would be concerned at high volumes for them.

rca running from Hu to crossover is plug in on rca that have llabel FRONT ,and crossover has 3 outputs High,Low and sub

so i have high for tweeters,low for mids and sub im not using

ok, next thing to check is that the crossover on the amplifier is set to pass on both sides, or off, whichever the amp has. Make sure one isnt accidently stuck on lpf or something silly.

again, can I have the head unit model and make. and the crossover model and make. That would help out a lot.

and im assuming you are running another pair of RCAs from the head unit to your crossover from the "rear" outputs...maybe labeled mid?

Edited by finkster

Eclipse cd7000