1985 Buick Regal Limited Build Log

I figured the frame would cos' a grip to chrome. It would be bad as fuck but expensive too lol. What color you plannin on painting? Black or color matching?

A few years back there was an S10 Blazer in Lowrider that had it done. They had to cut the frame into sections and have it bolted back together though, so as far as strength goes I would be concerned about the frame snapping at those points.

The frame/interior/body will be painted HOK Black sparkle with white, grey, and gunmetal patterns, along with pearls, flakes, painting effects, leafing and striping. The patterns will flow from hood to roof and trunk as well as the dash and rear deck seemlessly. The fully chromed undercarriages should pop nicely against the black paint. (Fingers crossed)

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

The undercarriage will pop with the black. Black and chrome are salt and pepper, I think that's the best combination. I can't wait to see yours painted, I'm stealing ideas off your build for mine.

I may have missed this, but what gauge did you wrap your frame in? I like the look and strength ideas of a wrapped frame, and was thinking of doing it myself. Anyways, get to work! I wanna see MOAR pics!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

The undercarriage will pop with the black. Black and chrome are salt and pepper, I think that's the best combination. I can't wait to see yours painted, I'm stealing ideas off your build for mine.

I may have missed this, but what gauge did you wrap your frame in? I like the look and strength ideas of a wrapped frame, and was thinking of doing it myself. Anyways, get to work! I wanna see MOAR pics!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Steal as many ideas as you want, and I can post up some pics of other builds for more ideas if needed.

On the top of the front rails by the upper a arm mounts and the belly I used 1/4" plate

On the other 3 sides of the front rails I used 3/16"

On the middle section I used 8 x 6 x 1/4" wall rectangular tubing cut into 2 smaller pieces and then welded on

and on the rear rails I used 3/16" plate, but wrapped them twice.

Man, I wish I could put more work in on it, but with a new born at home my spare time is at a minimum! Lol.

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Lol I bet. I have a 11 month old niece and she's a handful so I could just imagine what a full time kid would be like. If by any chance have you started on your dash? That's my main idea where I've got a bit of a designing block. Since I have no money to spend on mine as of yet, I'm using this time to rule out all my ideas. I was wanting to do a custom dash with the dash and a custom console flowing almost seemlessly from front to back but I have no idea what to include in the dash.

I am also stuck on the back seats. I want to keep them but I'm doing a 100% color change (from red-black). My main hangup on ideas is what to do with the back seats. I was thinkin either a wall or having them redone. Decisions decisions.. They kill lol. Goodluck with the new born and the car. Thanks for the advice too.

Lol I bet. I have a 11 month old niece and she's a handful so I could just imagine what a full time kid would be like. If by any chance have you started on your dash? That's my main idea where I've got a bit of a designing block. Since I have no money to spend on mine as of yet, I'm using this time to rule out all my ideas. I was wanting to do a custom dash with the dash and a custom console flowing almost seemlessly from front to back but I have no idea what to include in the dash.

I am also stuck on the back seats. I want to keep them but I'm doing a 100% color change (from red-black). My main hangup on ideas is what to do with the back seats. I was thinkin either a wall or having them redone. Decisions decisions.. They kill lol. Goodluck with the new born and the car. Thanks for the advice too.

Here are pics of another g body interior the guy that did my interior did that has a flowing consol:

efmr0w.jpg

1j9cv4.jpg

30xhlb4.jpg

x80hh.jpg

2rdjdkm.jpg

2a0jblk.jpg

Otherwise I am doing a cadillac center consol, and glassing the dash with a 8" sub:

6-26seats5.jpg

7-1consol.jpg

7-1seats.jpg

8-21dash4.jpg

10-27dash2.jpg

10-27dash3.jpg

And the rear is staying factory because I have personally never been a fan of doing walls....but I am adding a component set back there:

8-15rear.jpg

nice job on the upholstery

Thanks. I am very happy with how it turned out.

Hmm, I have to say, that headliner is damn amazing. I wish I could do something like that.

On that red car, what is in the back seats? It's like a half wall..

I personally like your seats. The black and silver POPS. I love that combination. That's the same as my truck. Black and Silver 2 tone.

I like the idea of walls but I don't wanna give up my space. I like to joy ride with a car full and I know being able to have only 1 other person sucks. I guess I need to get on the second half of the phase, the money part and start buyin what I need so I can show you my build lol

On that red car, what is in the back seats? It's like a half wall..

There is no back seat, it is an el camino interior. Only a two seater.

are you in majestics cc?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Archived