1985 Buick Regal Limited Build Log

awesome work man!!

Thanks.

Beautiful work!! Theres a guy i do sub work fo out here in wichita ks for thats a distributer for Black Magic, But look forward to seeing it finished. It's a rarity to see some one take such detail into their work on a personal project!!

Thanks. Definitley plenty of times you question doing it, but in the end it should all be worth it! BMH....the dark side...can't go wrong! Quality product and awesome customer service! Jessica hooks it up!

Anyways, on with the progress.

Spend Saturday drilling and tapping a grip of holes to mount my custom machined fuel/brake line clamps. One of the many small details on the car that will most likely be over looked, and one that many people half ass....but they came out great I think!

Clamps4.jpg

Clamps2.jpg

Clamps.jpg

clamps3.jpg

Just have to drill out the front mounting hole for the lower control arms and then the frame is off to sandblasting and then body work on the frame can officially begin!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Oh yeah....crappy cell phone pic, but gives you a close up of the clamps I had machined

gas-brake.jpg

GasLines.jpg

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

wow!!! looking awesome, im gonna keep an eye on this thread. :good: :good:

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Wow, this build is fucking awesome. Yeah, I swore, that's how good this is. I have a 79 sittin in my driveway and this inspires me to get out there and get shit done. I love how you're chroming EVERYTHING. I couldn't stand to get down there and clean everrrrything when it gets dirty. I admire your work.

One think I would like to do is bag my Cutty, and let it tuck on some 20's when I get the money. I can't wait to see yours done. Mine definitely will take a long time to finish, as I'm still in school. I can't wait to see the finished product.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

• 2 weeks later...

Well getting closer to getting this beast off to sandblasting and then some high build. Was able to finish up a couple PITA things on the frame this weekend.

We used heat on the frame for the first time to suck the 1/4" on the belly in where the lower a arms mount and drilled out the mounting holes:

Belly.jpg

Also, although I didn't snap any pics of it, there were 4 spots on the underside of the frame that we torched out for bushing mounts and they weren't clean enough. They were buggin me, so I went back and filled those in with a piece of steel, and molded it again. Just need to drill out with a hole saw to clean it up.

Also grinded out the steel we tacked into the lower a arm mount so it wouldn't cave in throughout the wrapping process:

belly4.jpg

belly5.jpg

Red: The support we tacked into place that I removed this weekend

Yellow: The bushing holes we filled in and molded. I will snap some better pics of once I get them hole sawed out.

• 2 weeks later...

any updates on this beauty? :drinks::drinks:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

any updates on this beauty? :drinks::drinks:

Been buttoning up some small things on the frame smoothing it out a little more before it gets sent to sandblasting, and some more chrome has come back, but haven't posted anything until there are a couple more major updates. Just small stuff currently, but progress continues moving forward!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was able to finish up welding in/molding where we torched out for the bushings and drilled them out with a hole saw for a much more finished look this weekend:

belly5.jpg

5-15-10.jpg

5-15-102.jpg

5-15-106.jpg

5-15-105.jpg

5-15-104.jpg

Also hit the frame with a once over with a flap disc and then onto the slinging mud:

5-15-107.jpg

Also finally got some more of my parts back from chrome!

Transmission Crossmember:

xmemeber.jpg

Upper a arms:

Chromearms2.jpg

Upper a arm mounting shafts:

chromemounts.jpg

And my axle should be done within the next week or two.

Are you going to paint the frame, or chrome it?

Edit: I assume you're going to chrome it, but we know what happens when you assume..

Lol, I actually looked into what it would cost to chrome the entire frame and most places just don't have the capacity to do so. The cheapest I found to chrome a frame was $9,500 plus that was in cali so I would have had to ship the frame out there. With the weight of this frame right now it would have been about $300 each way.....so unfortunately no chroming of the frame. Just paint!

Archived