**LOOK** Collection of computers I built/modified

how hard would it be to mod a stock comp to have more memory?

i really like music n i dl pritty regularly and i sometimes like to play games n surf the web alot and would wonder if i went from 2gb memory to 4gb what the difference would be

and i been thinking about changeing my i guess stock video card to one that has dvi/hdmi output on it so i can play the comp on my 32'' tv, this is the one i was thinking of getting

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143210 im glad i found this website, is alot cheaper than staples

i unno if that one would work but would be cool if it did so i can keep my monitor hooked up n just switch to comp on my tv n play games n what knot on it

if i was to get this card would it be better for me to run dvi or hdmi? because i got a 30ft hdmi to dvi from a friend n was wondering the difference that would make? my tv is only 720p

if i got this video card will i need to add more memory, this is what i got if it helps AMD sempron processor LE-1250 2.20GHz 2.00gb memory 32bit operating system n i got a 320gb internal hd wit a 1tb external western digital hd

im not a spring chicken to comps but im not a know it all either, i like knowing a bit about stuff so when it tears up i dnt have to pay someone to fix it when i can

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Before going to upgrade the memory, I'd download a little program called CPU-Z from cpuid.com. That'll let you (and us) know exactly what type of memory your computer has, so you know what to upgrade with. Moving from 2GB to 4GB is a big difference, especially if you're running Vista or Windows 7. It won't be difficult at all either.

For the $50 after rebate I'd say that card is fine for running your TV at 720p. DVI and HDMI are pretty much the same as the video signal goes, so that 30ft cable you got will work fine. If you wanted to run audio through your TV you might want to go through HDMI, because that carries both digital video and audio. (I'm not sure on how to make that work though - I would just run video and audio in separate cables to the TV if I were in your situation)

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Might as well I guess.

Current setup:

intel i7 (920) (stock cooling until funds come in the summer, thus stock clocks until then. i7's run freaking hot... Plans are for a chilled liquid cooling setup)

evga x58 3x SLI board

6 gb mushkin ram (don't remember the clocks, I can look it up if you want it though)

evga GTX285

74 GB WD Raptor 10k rpm HD

some seagate 320 GB HD

3 750 GB WD caviar black HD's

soon to be another 1.5 TB or so HD space since Im out of space...

Thermaltake Armor II case

silverstone zeus 750 watt PSU

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

Damn dude you had to upstage me with those specs! Nah it's all good...I want an i7 but i5 is more my budget range. EVGA X58s are nice as hell too...good stuff you have there.

Edited by S15_Silvia

My feedback thread

well hey, you are the one who told me to post them... lol, jk

To be honest I almost feel it was somewhat of a waste of money... I have nothing that can max this thing out. even crysis full tilt doesn't even make it break a sweat it seems.

well hey, you are the one who told me to post them... lol, jk

To be honest I almost feel it was somewhat of a waste of money... I have nothing that can max this thing out. even crysis full tilt doesn't even make it break a sweat it seems.

Yeah, really the only shortcoming of my rig is hard drive space and the aging 8800GTX. Other than that, it kinda laughs at me...

My feedback thread