Need help with picking out computer parts

My old computer is complete shit and Im looking to building (having built) a computer that will let me to all my photo editing and video editing without the horrible lag/slowness that I have to deal with now. I use photoshop CS4 and Premier Pro CS4 both of which are decently memory intensive. Do you guys have any suggestions as far as decent setups that could do this? I dont do gaming or anything like that just surfing the net and editing photos and video. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I built my first computer over the summer. I got a triple core AMD (2.8ghz, but can be easily overclocked to around 3.2ghz or more), asus mobo, Nvidia GTS250 gpu, and 4gb ddr3 memory, as well as a 640gb caviar black hd. It's pretty fast for me, works great. It ended up costing like $1000, and that includes a nice 23in acer monitor and a blu-ray reader. I would say make sure you get a healthy amount of memory and a quick hd. Also, if you get a nice gpu, it'll help with some of the load on the cpu for image and video processing, so you'll prolly want a decent one of those too.

What I did to figure out the components to get was go to a computer forum and pose this same question. They very quickly gave me like 4 or 5 different set ups that would work great. I would suggest trying that, since there will be many more people there that could help you out or you could just read threads that other people have posted asking the same question. Not saying there aren't people here who don't know...

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

I built my first computer over the summer. I got a triple core AMD (2.8ghz, but can be easily overclocked to around 3.2ghz or more), asus mobo, Nvidia GTS250 gpu, and 4gb ddr3 memory, as well as a 640gb caviar black hd. It's pretty fast for me, works great. It ended up costing like $1000, and that includes a nice 23in acer monitor and a blu-ray reader. I would say make sure you get a healthy amount of memory and a quick hd. Also, if you get a nice gpu, it'll help with some of the load on the cpu for image and video processing, so you'll prolly want a decent one of those too.

What I did to figure out the components to get was go to a computer forum and pose this same question. They very quickly gave me like 4 or 5 different set ups that would work great. I would suggest trying that, since there will be many more people there that could help you out or you could just read threads that other people have posted asking the same question. Not saying there aren't people here who don't know...

Thanks, man. I've never had a computer other than one made by a major manufacturer, so Im pretty retarded when it comes to this stuff. Im just trying to see what exactly I should be looking for, and possibly a parts list and price range should someone wouldnt mind spending the time.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

if you give a budget, i could help you out.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I'd like to stay around 600 for just the computer itself. I already have the screens and wacom tablet and keyboard and mouse. I would like to have a wireless adapter, and run dual monitors. I know it's kind of asking alot, but any help is appreciated. thanks

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

so are you looking for a pre-built ready to go PC, or are you going to be doing the upgrades yourself? Im ready to shell out ideas, as soon as you answer this question.

If there is a prebuilt PC out there that will run adobe premier pro, and photoshop fast enough, and can let me run dual monitors, Im all game. I probably could do the upgrades myself.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Im on this like stink on shit.......BRB

EDIT****

i5 750 199$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115215

Asus skt 1156 motherboard 119$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131604

4GB G.Skill ram 93$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820231277

650w Corsair PSU 79$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139005

ATi 5750 GPU (KILLER CARD!!!) 129$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102859

Just use your old case, or get a new one, but this is the MEAT AND POTATOES for a KILLER PC, that you will be HAPPY WITH. Total comes to 633$ for everything above....

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I chose the Core i5 CPU for its large internal cache, as the photo editing programs LOVE large amounts of cache....... you can save a 100$ buck or slightly more if you go with a AMD Athlon x4 620, but has VERY LITTLE CACHE, but still a quad core CPU. There are so many things that need to be considered for programs that your wanting to run, so if you have more Q's hit me up...........

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Thanks, man...Im really liking that setup. I appreciate the time you took putting it together...what cases would you recommend? My friend swears by his thermaltakes, but I've never used anything other than standard HP, or Dell computers.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)