DC Sound Lab

3x12" Level 4XL or Level 5?

Hi everyone! Im new here and will start to import DC Subs to Sweden! These subs will be put in our demo car that we are building at the moment. Bu can´t decide what woofer we should use!

The Subs will be driven by 2x8kw amps so i have on paper 16000w@2Ohm to play with! Battery will be 4x NSB 90.

The big question is, are the Level 5 woth the extra cost? They will be expensive like hell to ship to Sweden! :( Or should i stick with the Level 4XL?

the xl's can take some power but not even close to that much. even with the lvl 5's i'd be careful

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I guess the real question is what can your custmer afford. I would Make my demo vehicle with items my custmer can buy off the shelf. The idea of a demo vehicle is to show what the stuff on the shelf will do if install right. So are your custmer more likely to buy Lvl4 XL or Lvl 5?

Edited by Team Sundown's Charles

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

I guess the real question is what can your custmer afford. I would Make my demo vehicle with items my custmer can buy off the shelf. The idea of a demo vehicle is to show what the stuff on the shelf will do if install right. So are your custmer more likely to buy Lvl4 XL or Lvl 5?

Yeah def right i see people who see my friend with Rf T1s and they flip out trying to get them and no money/experience so start small even the lvl 3 would be good imo

Edited by Turkboy
Drop a BTL on his head

i think DC lvl 2's beat the infamous jackhammer...

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

Yes, cant go all the way! Dont think there will be many customers on the lvl5. We will probebly be building 2 och 3 cars and we are planning to have them ready by the beginning of April. All the subs will be mounted in the trunks of the cars.

These are the plans now!

car one

Opel Astra GSi

astragsi.jpg

This car is undergoing alot of changes now. New interior, engine upgrade and so on! Hoping to have it ready, but still alot of work! :(

Intall

1x Pioneer DEH-P88RS-2

1x CDT HD-62AS

1x lvl3 or lvl4 12" or 15"

2x StreetBeats SB-A500.2, 2x500w amp

car two

Saab 900R

saab900r.jpg

Intall

1x Alpine IDAX301

1x CDT HD-62AS

3x lvl 4XL, 12"